Job Position: Junior Hardware Verification Engineer with a specialization in CPU and RISC-V
Location: Brno, Prague, Remote CZ (Hybrid mode)
Department: Czech R&D/HW Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time (preferred)
Codasip is expanding its teams in the Czech Republic and is happy to announce a vacant CPU Verification Engineer role for a team of DV Engineers who are located in the Czech Republic (Brno/Prague) and taking care of Low Power Embedded, High-Performance Embedded, and High-Performance RISC-V application processors.
Moreover, our Verification Domain is split among several European locations – Design Centers in Brno and Prague (Czech Republic), Villeneuve-Loubet (French Design Center), offices in Munich and Barcelona, Greek Design Center (Heraklion and Thessaloniki), and the UK Design Centers (Bristol and Cambridge), which means that you will act in daily concert with our Verification teams as well as Verification Leads such as Andrej Tichy, Philippe Luc, Giorgos Nikiforos, Konstantinos Padarnitsas, Paul Sargent, Laurent Arditi, etc.
As a Hardware Verification Engineer at Codasip, your role will be critical in our aim to become a larger company and revolutionize the world of microprocessor verification. You will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality and reliability of our modern RISC-V processors and their components. You will be tasked with creating and maintaining a robust pre-silicon verification environment, developing automated tests and checkers, and leveraging intelligent algorithms to uncover potential bugs or performance bottlenecks:
- Collaborating with the design team to understand the microarchitecture and functional requirements of the RISC-V processors.
- Developing and implementing comprehensive verification strategies and plans to ensure thorough testing of the processors and their components.
- Verifying modern RISC-V processors and their components to raise the quality of our deliverables.
- Creating a pre-silicon verification environment, automated tests, and checkers.
- Designing generic solutions and process automation.
- Hunting for bugs by creating and using smart algorithms.
- Coming up with and realizing your own ideas on improving, automating, or upgrading our technologies on an even higher level (you will definitely get our support).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Basic understanding of HDL languages such as Verilog, VHDL, or SystemVerilog.
- Familiarity with versioning tools like Git.
- Basic knowledge of Linux.
- Basic scripting skills in Python, Bash, or Tcl.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Eagerness to learn and improve.
- Desire to contribute to shaping the RISC-V world of tomorrow.
- Involvement in DIY activities related to open-source software, robotics, or similar.
- University degree in a related field (Microelectronics, HW design, Embedded SW, Robotics, or similar.
- Opportunity to work with RISC-V, the computer architecture of the future.
- Engage in the development of innovative IoT processors and unique optimization technology.
- Collaborate with experienced developers from the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Poland, Greece, and the Czech Republic (former ARM, Apple, and Imagination engineers).
- Participate in the entire development process, from analysis to deployment.
- Encouragement and support for your own innovations and ideas.
- Flexible working hours, including working from home.
- 5 weeks of vacation
- Sodexo Flexi Pass
- Direct payment to your salary instead of the meal vouchers
- Quarterly budget for team buildings
- High-quality free coffee and tea in the office
- Language courses (English, Chinese)
- Budget for your personal development, etc.
Welcome to Codasip
Codasip are a vibrant and innovative processor solutions company! We take pride in designing and developing cutting-edge, high-performance, and energy-efficient CPU cores from scratch, using open-source RISC-V architecture and our own modern proprietary EDA tools to fully customize them. Our unique architecture description language, CodAL, and the powerful processor design automation tool, Codasip Studio, are at the heart of our groundbreaking solutions.
Founded in 2014, we’ve grown into a thriving global community with a few hundred talented employees. As we expand, we’ve opened more IP Design Centers across Europe, while our first and largest design center remains in the beautiful city of Brno, Czechia. Our influence stretches far and wide, with dedicated sales and application engineers providing support in the USA, Japan, Korea, and China.
As a private company backed by well-funded EU grants and steady revenue, we’re in a secure and stable place, ready to take the next big step. Our commercial products, which span various domains, are already making an impact in the market, with billions of chips deployed worldwide thanks to our technology.
Want to be a Codasipper?
What sets us apart is our commitment to fostering a creative and collaborative work environment. Codasippers have the freedom to explore original solutions and experiment with new techniques in their roles. We believe in cross-departmental awareness and encourage collaboration, allowing you to add value through diversity in your daily work.
When you join Codasip, you become part of a bright, motivated team of self-starters where your ideas are appreciated and your voice is heard. We strive to create an environment where your ambition can flourish and your career can reach new heights. So, come aboard and let’s architect a future of innovation together! We can’t wait to see what you’ll achieve at Codasip.
Create your own butterfly effect in the world of technology by joining our team and making a difference!
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit apply.workable.com.