The salary range for this position is $65,000 – $75,000 per year plus applicable bonus and commensurate with experience. Standard benefit offerings available are medical (HSA/PPO), dental, vision, group life, AD&D, short and long term disability, EAP, 401k plus other voluntary options as well as time off.
Summary: The Failure Analysis Engineer will apply analytical skills to the development, qualification, validation and maintenance of measurement, calibration, and failure analysis systems for process and equipment stability and improvement. The focus will be on the development and maintenance of PFA techniques, processes, and equipment.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Cross-functionally team with Designers, Engineering and Manufacturing teams to support new product introduction and root cause failure analysis on current products.
- Develop and implement specific requirements for improving existing PFA as well as developing new internal techniques and relationships with external labs as necessary.
- Troubleshoot, test, isolate, and verify failure modes and mechanisms electrically and/or physically.
- Become proficient in skill sets that allows for beginning to end root cause failure analysis investigation that may span across various teams and analysis techniques.
- Review failure analysis results and offer solutions and improvements based on a strong statistical background and knowledge base.
- Determines analysis test plans, evaluations, and data analysis.
- Actively support Engineering and Manufacturing personnel in the development of product by applying failure analysis techniques to various product development phases.
- Investigates, recommends, and purchases (with Management approval) new measurement, failure analysis, and inspection systems based upon ROI and throughput requirements.
- Guide production improvements based on failure mechanisms and statistical analysis of current and historical data.
- This position may involve hands-on cleanroom and laboratory work to make real-time observations.
- Must be able to work independently as well as to interact with colleagues, customers, and vendors to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to determine plans and report results.
- Coaching and delegating responsibility for Technicians, Operators, or Co-Ops expected including training of group members.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in physical failure analysis or related field.
- Candidates must have a strong understanding of statistics, process control and reliability standards (Telcordia, JEDEC, MIL).
- Demonstrated hands on experience in physical failure analysis, predominantly cross section and SEM, is required as is an understanding of the equipment and materials that are used in the industry.
- Experience in microelectronic / microsystem package design and construction with experience in SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or other engineering design, modeling or simulation software is desirable.
- Expertise in minitab/SAS-JMP/similar data analysis package is desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials or equivalent is required.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.