Position: IT- Sr. Staff Systems Engineer
This role will have broad experience in global deployment and management of desktop solutions in the Mac environments. Managing the Mac devices through JAMF. This role will have to interface with multiple stakeholders within IT and the business to ensure their requirements are captured and addressed. The design and facilitation of user and IT testing program will be critical.
The candidate is expected to have broad experience of supporting the Mac environment, including hardware, software. The candidate will be involved, to varying degrees, in implementing, supporting and maintaining every aspect of all the productivity services provided to Cadence employees on Macs.
- Will advise on the design and development of the Cadence support of Mac OS projects and initiatives.
- Provides expertise in defining and implementing best practices in support of managing a Mid/large-scale Mac environment.
- Develop / Manage MAC OS images and OS upgrade. Assist in roll-out of Mac OS upgrades.
- Provide Tier 3 support of Mac OS.
- Develop and manage Training strategy/plan for Apple global support for the Global Service Desk and deskside teams.
- Engages other support teams or vendor to determine technical configuration requirements when necessary.
- Define and engineer Mac Hardware/Software Standards.
- Develop Global image for Mac systems.
- Deploy and Manage Mac systems via the JAMF.
- Engages with end users as necessary to assist in advanced troubleshooting of complex issues.
- Provides support and administration of Mac workstations via JAMF management tools.
- Possesses excellent skills and experience in the area of Install Building / Package building using Industry Best Practices as well as Industry-known tools etc.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with management, IT staff, and peers.
- Ability to follow direction, but also the ability to “think outside the box” when needed.
- Ability to develop scripts to automate common activities such as removing machines from the domain, adding or removing applications post image, etc.
- Excellent knowledge and technical understanding of the Mac Operating System.
- Required to create documentation and deliver training to customers and peers.
Strong OS X knowledge
- System image creation and maintenance.
- Software and system testing.
- Experience with encryption and security tools including File Vault.
- Experience with integration of OSX with directory service/SSO.
- Certificate and profile management on Mac devices.
Platform management & integration
- Knowledge of JAMF.
- Application and patch packaging and distribution.
- Scripting (AppleScript/Shell Scripting).
- OS imaging and Apple DEP.
Support and Administration
- 5 – 12 years of relevant experience supporting Mac hardware and software in a medium to large organization.
- Experience with Remote Administration tools and remote (telephone) support.
- Experience helping to define, implement, and leverage process (change, incident, problem, etc.) management functions during Mac platform rollout.
- Basic network experience in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with productivity tools running on Mac’s including O365, and other Enterprise applications.
- Experience training end users and fellow tech support resources.
- Experience creating project updates within PowerPoint and user and technical documentation.
- Provides expertise in defining and implementing best practices in support of managing a mid/large-scale Mac systems.
- B.E / B. Tech (Computers, IT).
- Applicable Apple certifications a plus.
- OS X Server administration experience.
- Managing Mac devices through JAMF.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit cadence.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.