Cadence is looking for a Sr Data Center Support Engineer who performs daily system administration tasks and troubleshooting, including installations and configurations on RedHat® Enterprise Linux 5,6,7, and handle day-to-day network-related technical problems in a Data Center.
The successful candidate will Serve as a technical resource within the infrastructure team with and will have some exposure to customer interface dealing with the Windows and Linux OS.
The Sr Data Center Support Engineer will need experience in Linux environments and proficient in tasks such as shell scripting.
Role: Sr Data Center Support Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA (Onsite Only)
- Direct and perform tasks related to solving operational issues within the datacenter
- Analyze and design operations that will improve workflow, handle equipment layout, and help ensure accident prevention
- Support operations, including the physical layout of equipment.
- Document existing operational processes, equipment, and processes.
- Utilize a framework for monitoring tools, escalating key issues, and ensuring timely service implementation.
- Diagnoses/troubleshoots/installs/repairs all software, hardware & components.
- Installing, Basic Configuring, and Troubleshooting Networking Equipment: Routers and Switches.
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, TFTP)
- Configure Terminal Servers for out-of-band management
- Manage daily issues, including daily health checks of servers and processes, working closely with end-users, development teams, and Infrastructure teams to prioritize, resolve, and mitigate outages.
- Server installation & maintenance (rack & stack, label, HDD, memory, CPU, RAID batteries, NICs, etc.)
- Able to review design documentation & validate equipment deployment according to plans
- Network installation & maintenance (rack & stack, label, cabling, parts replacement, etc.)
- The site builds & refreshes while meeting current quality standards
- Interact with onsite staff and vendors for hardware replacement, delivery, and diagnostics.
- Perform operational tasks associated with data center implementation, migration, deployments, cabling, rack, and stack.
- Responsible for assisting with all projects and repairs throughout the data center.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and provide hands-on coverage during maintenances.
- Excellent data center organization skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Familiarity with fiber and copper network cabling, including IP and SAN deployments.
- Responsible for maintaining acceptable ticket loads and incident SLAs.
- Follow documented escalation procedures.
- Sync with global teams on various tasks and upcoming initiatives.
- Understand and adhere to documented policies, processes, and procedures
- Assist with process improvement initiatives and documentation of policies, processes, and procedures, including runbooks.
- Must be able to lift and move 50-pound
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit cadence.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.