As the industry’s leading supplier of microprocessor technology, Arm provides efficient, low-power chip technology making electronic innovations come to life. Our employees impact a rich ecosystem by developing CPUs, graphics processors, complex system IP, supporting software development tools, and physical libraries. These contributions have enabled more than one thousand Arm partners to ship over 100 billion leading-edge Arm-powered processors.
We are looking for highly enthusiastic new interns to join Arm and help craft the future of technology by actively impacting the next generation of advancements in:
CPU Engineering: you’ll be an integral part of the team focusing on CPU architecture, contributing to the specification, design, verification, and implementation of the next generation of Arm microprocessors.
Systems Engineering: you will be an integral part of the team, contributing to the specification, design, verification, and implementation of the next generation of Arm systems IP and compute subsystems.
Physical Design Engineering: You will be part of a development team that includes some of the industry’s leading experts in deep submicron circuit design and design manufacturing (DFM) techniques.
At Arm we empower our talented individuals to work together as a team to push the boundaries of what is possible!
As an intern, you will be able to work closely with our talented and expert engineers to help design groundbreaking technology. You will gain knowledge and tackle challenges while being able to encounter opportunities to work on all aspects of product development.
Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s program, on track to earn a degree in computer or electrical engineering, or a related field.
Essential skills include:
- Familiarity with hardware description languages, such as VHDL or Verilog/SystemVerilog
- Knowledgeable about computer architecture and microarchitecture concepts
- Programming languages: C, C++, Python, or Java
- Use of Linux/Unix
- Understanding of FPGAs and RTL design
- Knowledge of ARM architecture
- Knowledge of SoC design
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our creative culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed during the recruitment process:
- Delivery of results – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you commitment to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
- Partner / customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve the best outcome for both.
- Creativity / innovation – Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Collaboration / communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Personal impact / influence – You listen to different ideas, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Team / personal development – You take time to drive your own development, while also supporting team members and partners to do the same.