Summary / Role Purpose
This engineer will join as an Intern (m,f,d) in the Mechanical Business Unit.
This internship is a full time paid position for 6 months.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn the team’s software development processes and the problem domain. Develop software to improve specific areas.
- Diagnose and fix code problems.
- Deliver code and scripts that meet requirements on schedule. Ensure that code is efficient, scalable, maintainable, extensible, robust, and easy to understand.
- Create unit, regression and/or system-level tests to thoroughly validate new features or changes.
- Communicate clearly and work closely with manager, technical leads and other engineers to refine solutions and to describe changes that may affect others.
- Learn and follow best practices in software engineering.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Pursing a bachelors degree in Computer Science, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- Proficiency in C++ or Python
- Software development principals (git, unit testing, CICD)
- Knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Strong background in data structures, algorithms, and debugging
- Ability to learn quickly and work closely with others
- Interest in learning outside of his/her comfort zone.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of the following areas are a plus:
- Commercial software development, including build and test automation
- Understanding of solid mechanics or fluids mechanics
- Development, debugging and optimization of systems
- Understanding of cloud (docker, Kubernetes, etc)
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.