GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Summary of Role:
Our Process Design Kit team is going through an amazing transformation and this internship is a unique opportunity for the candidate to have a major and lasting impact on the semiconductor industry.
We need someone smart, creative and self-motivated that will be excited to leverage automation to bring our workflow to the next level.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- You will work on the development and QA of Analog Mixed Signal Design flow.
- You will learn and get familiar with various aspects of custom design such as:
- Cadence Virtuosos technology file development and SKILL coding.
- Development of SKILL PCells, including writing callbacks and netlisting functions for simulators.
- Developing layout and schematics in the Cadence Design Environment.
- Automation and Running full custom design flow which includes Simulation, DRC, LVS, Parasitic Extraction, Back-annotation and post-layout simulation.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Basic knowledge of device level layout and simulation
- Experience using Linux/Unix Environment.
- Good programming skills in any one language (python, Perl, Tcl, shell scripting etc.)
- Knowledge of process design kits (PDKs), Cadence Virtuoso and/or Cadence SKILL programming language
- Knowledge of Machine Learning techniques.
- Education – Currently Enrolled in a Master’s Degree Program with EECS, EEE, CS or CSE.
- Experience – 0 to 2 years.
- Travel – none
- Language Fluency – English
- Physical Capacity Demands – None.
- Strong programming skills in python (including object-oriented programming)
- Good understanding of semiconductor process layout rules and concepts.
- Experience with Machine Learning and/or Data Science would be a plus.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate across teams to define common project specs
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.