Designing microprocessors is hard, expensive, and takes years. But does it have to? No.
Codasip was founded on a simple belief – that we could bring together the brilliance of microprocessor architects and software engineers and capture it in tools that made design simpler, faster, and less expensive. STUDIO was born in 2014 with the mission of democratizing processor design. We are succeeding. At the same time RISC-V was gaining traction, so it was natural for Codasip to embrace it as an Open Instruction Set Architecture (ISA).
We are looking for an Innovation Engineer to join our Labs team.
As Codasip growth continues we want to ensure our way of working is closely aligned with industry standards which are reflected in our documented process, deployed in our projects and that our products are compliant and perform as expected. To achieve this goal, we have a need for an Innovation Engineer for Labs to drive our deployment of functional safety and develop the necessary foundations, by taking into consideration Codasip’s specific needs and also market specific requirements such as ISO 26262 and other quality best practices. As we develop capabilities the role is also expected to cross into markets other than automotive and cross over into other aspects of dependability management such as quality and (product) cybersecurity.
While Codasip is headquartered in Europe, our approach and culture are typical of Silicon Valley, meaning that we value prudent risk taking and “out of the box” thinking. We are a well-funded start-up, implementing a funded plan for dynamic growth to support our leading edge product portfolio.
Location: UK, GE, FR, CZ or remotely from EU
Main responsibilities include:
- Supporting Codasip Labs’ efforts in advance research to implement new functionalities in IP cores and Codasip Studio to create new Codasip technologies in processor security, functional safety, automotive, artificial intelligence / machine language, in-memory processing, and real-time embedded.
- IP will be developed in Codasip Studio’s processor description language, CodAL, with the goal to be modular in that a Codasip customer can select the features (modules) that fit their end application requirements. The IP developed will be processor core related as well as integrating application features or requirements into Codasip Studio to tightly interface with the processor.
- In this position, you will be interacting with academic researchers in support of key Codasip research interest as well as working with Codasip Labs to solve and develop solutions for key commercial markets.
- The role of Innovation Engineer includes marketing, sales, and design.
- Marketing efforts include creating blogs, application notes, and white papers
- Sales efforts include reaching out and establishing new university relationship in both research and curriculum
- Design efforts include developing new processor pipeline features, tightly coupling application circuitry into the processor, and prototyping new CodAL construct for possible addition into the CodAL language
Core Skills and Competencies Required for the Innovation Engineer position:
- Experience in one or more of the following topics: computer architecture, processor security, automotive, artificial intelligence, graphics, or embedded systems architecture and design.
- Strong C programming skills is required, and strong C++ programming skills is a high want.
- CodAL programming knowledge is not required, but experience in a High-Level Synthesis language is a high want.
- Bachelor honors degree (or equivalent) in engineering related or numerate discipline.
- Self-motivation is a must.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit codasip.bamboohr.com.