Do you like a challenge, are you a complex thinker who likes to solve problems? If so, then you might be the new Altairian we are searching for. At Altair, your curiosity matters. We pride ourselves on a business culture that enables open, creative thinking, and we deeply value our employees and their contributions towards our clients’ success, as well as our own.
As an engineering member of our big compute and cloud management team, you will contribute to the design and development of next generation technology for high performance computing (HPC) and cloud software. We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, and intelligent software engineer who can translate business needs into highly scalable, maintainable software solutions. In particular you will help to augment our product portfolio with further enhanced data analytics, accounting and reporting functionality. This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in a visible, close-knit team working on a worldwide product.
Make a big impact as part of a global team of experts to optimize the world’s largest computers solving problems that really matter. Altair’s PBS Works™ suite operates between the most demanding applications (e.g., weather prediction, computational fluid dynamics, structural optimization, life sciences, Electronic Design Automation, and Fintech) and the most powerful computers – scheduling the right job at the right time on the right resources – making the computing infrastructure reliable, efficient, scalable, and agile. The suite’s workload and cloud management products allow enterprises to easily share distributed computing resources across geographic boundaries. Altair’s cloud products empower client innovation and decision-making through technology that optimizes the analysis, management and visualization of business and engineering information.
What You Will Do:
- Build sophisticated technology for Accounting, Reporting and Analytics use cases for stake holders for High Performance Computing (HPC) infrastructures on premise or in cloud
- Handle features from requirements and use cases up to the shipping product (design, dev, test) using latest tools and technology
- Ensure product meets performance criteria set by management
- Ensure timely closure of customer critical issues
- Provide expertise to the support and sales organizations as well as other software engineers
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related
- Strong computer science background with deep understanding of architecture fundamentals. (e.g., architectural/design patterns, data structures)
- Superior programming skills and excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency in one of the programming languages Python / Go / Java
- Experience in working with high performance analytical and time series databases with millions of records
- Candidate must be willing to learn new technologies as and when deemed beneficial for the product
- Expertise in developing automated tests
- Experience of working with Continuous Integration/Delivery platforms based on GitLab, Jenkins or others
- Experience in building/developing in a distributed environment (micro services, data driven, async, …)
- Excellent communication (fluency in English) and people skills; excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience in collaborating with geographically distributed teams
- Experience is developing reporting UI and tools is highly desired
- Experience in developing Analytics solutions
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages
- Some amount of Linux system user expertise
- Knowledge of the Agile software development methodology (scrum, kanban, …)
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.