Globalfoundries FAB10 in East Fishkill, NY is looking for an experienced Medium Voltage Electrical Technician within the Facilities Organization to reliably and efficiently operate, and maintain, all switchgear, load centers, starters, their associated subsystems supporting a semiconductor manufacturing facility and all other buildings within the campus. These systems include, 13.2kV Distribution Switchgear, 4160V & 2480V Substations and Motor Starters, 480V & 208V Load Centers, Emergency Generators, Motor Starters, and all associated Distribution, Breakers, Transformers, Relaying, and Trip Devices. The successful candidate must be a motivated self-starter who is able to work in a team environment with a primary focus on customer satisfaction. Strong communication skills and schedule flexibility are important as some weekend coverage may be required. The Work Schedule is for a 1st shift position (M-F) with overtime as needed, and emergency call in’s as necessary.
● Proper use in Personal/Personnel, and Equipment Safety Procedures and Practices are Paramount.
● Ability to Write and Execute Switching Orders on all Medium Voltage Distribution and Equipment.
● Secure, properly “Buzz & Ground”, Diagnose and Test, perform Preventative Maintenance, and Re-energize Medium Voltage Equipment and Distribution.
● Breaker and Trip Unit Testing and Calibration.
● Perform equipment PM’s and maintenance tasks as assigned with minimal supervision.
● Interface with Engineering on all System/Equipment concerns and problems.
· Technical/Associates Degree in Science, Engineering, a Related Discipline, or Equivalent Experience.
· Experience – 8 years of relevant experience in 3 Phase Power and Medium Voltage Equipment.
· Experience in the use of Multimeters, Meggers, Hi-Potting, Ductor Meters, TTRs (Transformer Turns Ratio) Meters, Breaker Testers, etc.
· Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift (preventive maintenance) and/or process issues ability to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 8 hour shift (excluding breaks)
● Knowledge in VFDs, and Controls
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.