Quadric is building a full-stack system that is designed to meet the requirements of next-generation edge & edge-cloud computing products. In order to leverage the tsunami of data generated at the Edge, the next generation of computing innovation is happening outside the data center. Quadric has created a solution that is specifically optimized for accelerating the full system. This includes Artificial Intelligence (AI) workloads, data conditioning & post processing, analytics, and more.
If making an impact and having a seat at the table is important to you, this is the opportunity for you. Join our small, rapidly-growing team at Quadric to develop supercomputer technology designed for the Edge. In this position, you will be a core member of our team, and will have an opportunity to grow in the company of expert technologists who also happen to be good people you’ll want to spend time with.
What We Value:
Integrity, Humility, Happiness
What We Expect:
Initiative, Collaboration, Completion
As the Functional Safety Lead, you will report into the VP, Engineering and will be responsible for defining and leading all aspects of functional safety for Quadric’s SDK and IP offerings. This role is for a person who wants to have a broad impact. You will be collaborating with software & hardware architects to develop process steps and procedures that ensure the quality of the functional safety implementation.
Quadric’s processor architecture revolutionizes computing by enabling state of the art algorithms at the Edge. As a key member of the leadership team, you will provide function safety oversight for the product roadmap and its realization feasibility.
- As a Functional Safety Lead at Quadric, you will be leading the development of required ISO26262 work products, with emphasis on functional safety HW Requirements and Safety Analysis (DFA, FMEA, FMEDA)
- Lead the development of the FUSA package that will be released to quadric’s IP customers
- You will collaborate with the hardware team in the definition of appropriate safety mechanisms at both architecture and microarchitecture levels to comply with the Technical Safety Requirements
- Be the lead IP team’s functional safety POC for all safety-related processor IP products
- Work with architects, designers and design verification leaders to define and implement functional safety requirements in the design
- Traceability using requirement/ticket tracking software such as the ones from Atlassian
- Creation of Safety Analyses including FMEA, FMEDA and DFA, including preparing related safety reports
- Own the process for change management, document Management and Configuration Management plan
- Own the Safety Plan & Technical Safety Concept for both hardware and software
- M.S in Electrical Engineering or a related technical field (or equivalent experience).
- 10+ years of architecture experience in designing CPU, GPU or related processor IP
- 5+ years experience in functional safety requirements for semiconductor IP delivered to fabless semiconductor companies
- Deep knowledge of hardware and software stacks in the computing platform space e.g., CPUs/GPUs/accelerators.
- Proficiency in SystemC, SystemVerilog & C++
- Provide competitive salaries and meaningful equity
- Provide a politics free community for the brilliant minds who want to make an immediate impact
- Provide an opportunity for you to build long term career relationships
- Foster an environment that allows for lasting personal relationships alongside professional ones
- 401k, Health, Vision & Dental
Founded in 2016 and based in downtown Burlingame, California, Quadric is building the world’s first supercomputer designed for the real-time needs of edge devices. Quadric aims to empower developers in every industry with superpowers to create tomorrow’s technology, today. The company was co-founded by technologists from MIT and Carnegie Mellon, who were previously the technical co-founders of the Bitcoin computing company 21.
Quadric is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.