Founded in 1976, Samtec is a privately held, $950 million global manufacturer of a broad line of electronic interconnect solutions, including High-Speed Board-to-Board, High-Speed Cables, Mid-Board and Panel Optics, Precision RF, Flexible Stacking, and Micro/Rugged components and cables. Samtec Technology Centers are dedicated to developing and advancing technologies, strategies and products to optimize both the performance and cost of a system from the bare die to an interface 100 meters away, and all interconnect points in between. With 40+ international locations and products sold in more than 125 different countries, Samtec’s global presence enables its unmatched customer service.
Samtec Optical Group is seeking a Firmware Validation Engineer to join the development team in Santa Clara, California to develop test script and validate firmware for control of our high speed optoelectronic devices. The successful candidate will work with hardware, software and firmware engineers to understand the required product features, to validate the control of critical electronic function in the product, and to interface with the GUI software for customer control of the product. The successful candidate will also be responsible for developing methods and software to validate the robustness of both the FW and the customer-control interface of the product.
Samtec is a $1,000,000,000+ global interconnect company with over 5,000 employees, with a wide range of connectors and cable solution offerings. The Samtec Optical Group develops and manufactures an advanced line of extremely high speed (56Gb/s and up) optical computer interconnect solutions, including Active Optical Cables, On-board Transceivers and Optical Engines.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Specify, develop and maintain firmware validation system, including architecture, hardware and firmware functions, to release firmware of active optical transceivers.
- Document and compile the requirement of industrial standard covering firmware control/compensation, calibration, status-monitoring, communication interface for multichannel optical transceivers
- Develop tests to firmware’s confirm conformance to specifications and requirements.
- Work with transceiver designers, systems and marketing engineers to ensure software requirements are properly reflected in hardware to meet customer interoperability requirements.
- Contribute to hands-on, in the lab, transceiver bring-up/de-bug and performance optimization from firmware perspective.
- Sustaining firmware debugging, optimization, and added functionality.
- Proper documentation of all script coding.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- 5+ Years’ experience as a Firmware Engineer relevant to high speed optoelectronics.
- The candidate must be a self-motivated person with good documentation skills, strong attention to detail, ability to work directly with design engineers.
- The candidate must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have worked more than 1 year in firmware and/or Test software.
- The candidate must show initiative and be able to work under limited supervision.
- Must have good understanding of object oriented programming and design
- Familiar with key microcontroller families from Microchip, STMIcro, Silabs, Nuvoton, and their development tools.
- Familiar with ARM based micro-processors and their development tools.
- Working knowledge of I2C and SPI busses, PCIe, USB, and RS232 busses are a plus.
- Experience with Python, Visual studio, C#, GUI development and databases is a plus.
- Experience with source control and bug tracking tools, including GIT, Jira, SVN, Bugzilla.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.