Website Siemens EDA
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation! We know that the only way a business thrives is if our people are thriving. That’s why we always put our people first. Our global, diverse team would be happy to support you and challenge you to grow in new ways. Who knows where our shared journey will take you?
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, adaptable, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve people’s lives.
Project Managers coordinate and deliver multiple, simultaneous fire and life safety projects of various complexities, which contributes to creating safer environments in critical institutions such as hospitals, universities, and industrial facilities. Why is this so important? As a Project Manager, your fiscal and managerial oversight across all project facets ensures client satisfaction, effective resource allocation, and safe, timely completion of projects.
Curious to see what a Project Manager does on a day-to-day basis? CLICK HERE: Project Manager Video
As a Project Manager, you will:
- Evaluate project specifications, drawings, and related documents to understand project intentions, establishing comprehensive project schedules in coordination with the team while identifying crucial installation timelines
- Oversee the procurement of supplies and materials required for project completion, and actively participate in project cost reviews to ensure financial efficiency
- Assist the Operations Manager in contracting subcontractors, coordinating their activities to align with the project scope, schedules, and fiscal requirements while ensuring adherence to safety regulations
- Conduct orientations for project technicians, providing all necessary project documentation such as scope of work, technical drawings, project contacts, and application-engineered diagrams
- Diligently track project resources and progress, documenting any events impacting the schedule, scope, and overall efficiency; identify and pursue opportunities for project-specific change orders
- Manage project-specific billing coordination with the accounting team and Operations Manager, schedule commissioning resources, expedite the return of mark-ups for as-built development, and ensure timely completion of project-specific close-out documentation
You will make an impact with these qualifications:
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED
- 3+ years of experience in the commercial fire and life safety or related industry
- Knowledgeable in local and national (NFPA) fire alarm codes and regulations; ability to read and understand drawings and specifications, and electrical, network, and control wiring diagrams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for employer-based sponsorship currently or in the future
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license with limited violations
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred
- 5+ years of experience in the commercial fire and life safety industry
You’ll benefit from:
- Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to our employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html
- The pay range for this position is $66,500 – $114,100. The actual wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications and premium geographic location.