Verify parts, product, and/or processes to ensure conformance to standards. Inspect materials or products using digital calipers and x-ray machines.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities.
- Compare product BOM parts lists or material part number to ensure completion of component or assembly orders.
- Verify specified dimensions on product of material using inspection equipment.
- Input quality findings into Samtec’s computerized quality system.
- Perform a variety of tasks which require a thorough knowledge of inspection techniques, materials, equipment, as well as Samtec Systems.
- Ensure conformance to established quality specification by working from engineering drawings, sketches, manuals, or prototypes.
- Work in compliance with established quality assurance procedures to ensure quality and consistency in the inspection criteria.
- Assist in the creation and design of quality assurance procedures and programs geared toward achieving the department objectives.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of inspections performed. These serve as an informational and historical source for acceptable quality standards.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- A minimum of one year in an Inventory, Shipping, Receiving, and/or manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Lifting Requirements: Medium Work – Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds from floor to waist and up to 25 pounds over head.
- Must have 20/40 correctable vision and color acuity.
- Must be able to sit or stand for more than 90 consecutive minutes, and not suffer from any sensory deprivation and/or paralysis of the limbs.
- Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions: Must be willing to adhere to department safety rules and regulations.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.