Website Alphawave Semi
Alphawave Semi enables tomorrow’s future by accelerating the critical data communication at the heart of our digital world – from seamless video streaming to AI to the metaverse and much more. Our technology powers product innovation in the most data-demanding industries today, including data centers, networking, storage, artificial intelligence, 5G wireless infrastructure, and autonomous vehicles. Customers partner with us for mission-critical data communication, our innovative technologies, and our proven track record. Together, we enable the next generation of digital technology.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will manage the general accounting, reporting, internal processes, and controls, including billing, payroll, payables, financial systems, audit and compliance, and other key accounting functions.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the monthly general ledger close processes.
- Review monthly and half yearly financial statements for accuracy, including analysis of monthly trends and flux analysis.
- Support timely preparation of monthly, half yearly and annual internal/external reports, such as corporate schedules, Revenue Canada sales tax returns, statistical reports and other submissions as required
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of information provided to the external auditors in relation to the annual audit and half yearly reviews.
- Manage other finance-related activities, including oversight of accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Ensure proper revenue recognition under IFRS, including reviewing sales agreements, purchase orders, and other related sales documents.
- Manage external relationships with auditors, legal firms, banks, insurance brokers, customers and vendors
- Maintain internal controls in order to ensure the accuracy of records and reporting.
- Provide cross-functional support to the wider Group as needs arise, including special projects, system improvements or ad-hoc financial or tax-related analyses
What You’ll Need:
- Accounting or Business Degree accompanied by an Accounting designation
- Big 4 audit firm experience is preferable.
- Experience of working in a listed company environment
- Desire to get things ‘right first time’ and to recognize mistakes as learning opportunities
- Demonstrable knowledge of IFRS, highly competent in financial and management reporting principles
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Netsuite ERP
- Demonstrable experience in the analysis of financial results and in the preparation of supporting documents for complex accounting scenarios
- Experience in working in a growing organization with changing needs and multiple business transactions that have an impact on business processes
- Ability to work in a dynamic, complex, fast-paced environment, to adapt quickly and to manage changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, solve problems and use sound judgment.
“Hybrid work environment”
As part of our commitment to the well-being and satisfaction of our employees, we have designed a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Great compensation package
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings
- Paid time off
Diversity & Inclusivity
Alphawave Semi is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal.
Alphawave Semi is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Alphawave Semi will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if you’re applications is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit alphawave.wd10.myworkdayjobs.com.