Website Siemens EDA
Siemens Mobility provides efficient and coordinated transportation of people and goods by rail – including rolling stock, rail automation, rail electrification, and service. We craft and manufacture across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. Cities and Railroads also rely on us to provide traction-power substations and electricity transmission, as well as signaling and control technology for freight and passenger rail and transit systems.
The candidate will be responsible for testing, solving, repairing, and completing modifications to next generation Light Rail Vehicles that are delivered from the OEM to the local authority in San Francisco. The technician will need to be familiar with electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems.
- Perform electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic system modifications on Light Rail Vehicles as outlined in work instructions and supporting drawings and schematics.
- Complete test validations and when issues arise, diagnose electrical malfunctions in control circuits and components, assess the nature of problems, and identify corrective actions needed.
- Use PTU’s (laptops) and software diagnostics to solve various systems onboard the vehicles.
- Detail regularly the completion of test results, modifications, and repairs.
- Read, interpret, and understand written direction of mechanical/electronic information, maintain records of this information, and compile reports.
- Work with shop machines, industrial equipment, and hand tools.
- Self-starter that takes pride in the quality of their work and can perform in teams or independently with minimal direction.
- Connect with others both verbally and in writing, technical information, job procedure recommendations, and other work-related information.
- Understand and follow company and industry safety rules, practices, and procedures.
- Assist employees as needed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma (or GED).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in relevant field.
- Must be proficient in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic systems and solving.
- Must be flexible to work different shifts and different days of the week based on project needs (with prior notice)
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to be considered.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens:
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives passionate about access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
- Siemens is proud to have been named Fast Company‘s Best Workplaces for Innovators
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.