Our client in Gainesville, TX is looking for an FEA Engineer. This is a Direct Hire position.
What You Will Do:
The individual is responsible for performing static and quasi-static analysis independently starting from component to sub-structure level including dynamic analysis.
- Responsible for inspecting the CAD data received from designers prior to the inception of meshing.
- Independently meshing the components using Altair tools and responsible for the quality checks defined per internal design validation guidelines for meshing.
- Will set up the model for static, quasi static and impact simulation for 16 and 14G loading conditions using Altair tools and/or LS-Prepost.
- Analyze the test data to implement proper engineering approach into the FE model for further improvements.
- Implement analytical approach and establish correlation with actual test data.
- Perform FEA on detail parts and assemblies to verify compliance with structural and occupant injury criteria.
- Perform necessary linear/non-linear static analysis and dynamic simulation.
- Perform Pre and Post processing.
- Validate model and establish correlation.
- Comply with procedures (QAP) and certification internal procedures.
- Document all design validation work and maintain database.
- Ensures quality of model, analysis and on time completion.
- Provides status and schedule updates to department head and other appropriate entities on a regular basis.
- Must have a strong background in basic structural engineering such as free body diagrams and strength of materials.
- Must have broad understanding of finite element analysis and fatigue methods.
- Must have FEA experience using LS-Dyna or Radioss. In addition, must have experience using Altair HyperWorks suite or ANSYS. Experience with NASTRAN or ABAQUS is preferred.
- Knowledge of stochastic/statistical tools (DOE) and Optimization tools is preferred.
- Knowledge of composites is preferred.
- Knowledge of seat belt modeling is required
- Must be well-versed in understand the kinematic of hybrid II/III dummy model.
- Knowledge of topology along with weight and shape optimization using Opti-Struct is preferred.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must be detail oriented and have sound engineering judgment.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Must be able to communicate efficiently in writing and verbally.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment.
- Must be able to generate technical reports.
- Must be willing to perform tests and some physical work at the test laboratory, as required.
- Familiarity with FAA regulations, Boeing/Airbus specifications is preferred.
- Must have a Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Aeronautical Engineering or related. Requires 2 years of Finite Element Analysis related experience using LS-Dyna or Radioss. In addition, must have experience using Altair HyperWorks suite or ANSYS. Prefer experience with NASTRAN or ABAQUS.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Aeronautical Engineering or related. Requires 3 years of Finite Element Analysis related experience using LS-Dyna or Radioss. In addition, must have experience using Altair HyperWorks suite or ANSYS. Prefer experience with NASTRAN or ABAQUS.
- Basic ProE/CATIA skill is preferred.