Position Summary (Internship)
The main objective of the student internship is to apply the knowledge, skills, development and acquired skills to the organizational reality, providing a new perspective of innovation and commitment throughout their professional training.
The student will rotate 1 time between areas related to their professional training with the aim of making their experience at Samtec something enriching and growing.
- Research, develop and execute projects based on your professional training in each of the processes in the assigned department of the company.
- Develop and strengthen competencies, skills, aptitudes, attitudes, vision and values aimed at fulfilling their professional and social responsibility.
- Present periodic reports to the coordinator/supervisor/manager of the activities carried out, pending issues, availability of resources and news.
- Propose alternative solutions to problems that arise in the work area. You must be analytical in the processes and propose points for improvement.
- Comply and enforce the use of safety elements and standards in accordance with the tasks performed, industrial safety regulations and company policies.
- Guarantee the handling, maintenance and care of assigned materials, tools and equipment.
- Agree with the general coordinator on the activities that guarantee the operation and achievement of the objectives established for the position and the department.
- Work as a team to achieve the company’s objectives.
“The defined responsibilities are intended to serve as a general guide for this position. Employees may be asked to perform additional duties depending on their skills and abilities.”
- Advanced student (at least 70%) and active in Industrial, Electrical, Electronic, Electromechanical, Mechatronics and Mechanical Engineering. If your progress is 50%, please apply and attach the list of approved courses.
- Intermediate English.
- Availability of at least 25 hours per week to address the company (Zeta Free Trade Zone, Alajuela).
- Oral and written comunications habilities.
- Person with focus on details and self-directed.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/ or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.