Website Siemens EDA
The Electrification & Automation (E&A) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing in our Future Grids portfolio to create the power distribution grid of the future.
We are looking for an Electrical Design Engineer. This position will be based in Wendell, NC.
Siemens is growing and we are excited to welcome new entry level electrical engineers to the team! We pride ourselves on creating a diverse and engaging environment for new engineers to quickly develop practical design experience and work directly with large scale customer orders.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Analyze Medium Voltage switchgear requirements from customers to develop detail design engineering essential for review and manufacture of switchgears.
- Prepare electrical drawing packages (including panel arrangements, nameplate schedule, schematic diagrams, communication drawings, three-line diagrams, general arrangement drawings and wiring diagrams) for factory manufacturing of the switchgear and customer documentation using CAD software.
- Work directly with project engineers with support and guidance from experienced mentors to create product solutions meeting customers’ expectations in cost effective and timely manner.
- Work directly with the manufacturing teams addressing any challenges as they produce your designs.
- Initiate and support product as well as process improvements by cross team collaboration.
You’ll win us over by having the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- Minimum of 1 year of AutoCAD Electrical or Engineering Base usage
- Minimum of 6 months experience performing complex assignments, workload prioritization, and management of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Educational exposure to AC/DC control and power system design
- Educational or industry knowledge of ANSI, IEEE, UL and NEMA standards for MV Switchgear.
- Be authorized to work for any employer in the United States without present or future sponsorship.
- Presently reside in the United States.
- A master’s degree with concentration in Power Systems in Electrical Engineering.
- Willingness to performing complex assignments, prioritize workload, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
You’ll benefit from:
- Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to our employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html
- The pay range for this position is $48,650 – $83,400. The actual wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications and premium geographic location.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.