The EMEA Human Resources Director will work with business leaders and the HR leadership team to align HR strategies with business objectives to achieve the company’s growth objectives. This is a unique opportunity to lead the continued EMEA HR Transformation and the implementation of the new HR Operating model powered by SAP Success Factors.
The HR Director will partner with centres of expertise (COEs) in talent acquisition, total rewards, talent management, organizational effectiveness, and change management. This role will lead approximately a 20 person EMEA-based HR team and be a primary contributor on the global HR leadership team to support enterprise-wide initiatives. The team will consist of 4 directs and another 12 second level reports, plus 3 dotted line reports. This role is a key member of the EMEA Leadership Team and the Worldwide HR Leadership team and be responsible to work with global HQ to align and build the matrix HR organization for the EMEA region.
Within EMEA, France (530 employees), Germany (360 employees), UK (360 employees) are very key operations given their significance for sales and R&D. Other offices are in 11 other countries: Austria, Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland. The EMEA region population is 1500. It is a highly matrixed organization and regional businesses have been set up to support different functions. Please see below for more details. EMEA regional heads such as Finance, Legal, Field Marketing, and Commercial Business leaders sit across the different EMEA offices.
This position can be located in Germany, France or UK.
• Create and implement regional HR initiatives aligned with the overall company, business, and HR strategy consistently across EMEA
• Continually evaluate and improve the quality and effectiveness of HR programs and services. Implement improvements as appropriate to meet business and local cultural needs
• Lead and align the current HR team across EMEA ensuring the effective delivery of global people and business strategies
• Support and engage senior leaders. Coach others on leading team and functions effectively.
• Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities
• Develop and communicate the objectives and goals for the Regional HR team, including talent development and process improvement activities
• Successfully liaise and work with business leaders and functional leaders to advance organizational performance within the global matrix environment
• Provide consultative and strategic advice on people and organizational issues to business leaders and Management Teams to maximize business, country, and HR outcomes
• Identify training needs; Monitor training programs to ensure that training objectives are met
• Provide input on workforce and succession planning as well as plans business unit organization design
• Maintain awareness of the culture, plans, financial position, and competition of the business units across the EMEA Region
• Consult regularly with management and provide guidance; Conduct weekly meetings to check in with key stakeholders
• Collaborate with colleagues in the Centres of Expertise (CoEs) to develop innovative solutions for the EMEA Region
• Analyse data trends and metrics to inform business decisions
• Mediate and resolve employee relations issues, as appropriate. Lead thorough and objective investigations when necessary.
• Orchestrate employees’ representatives (works councils and trade unions) management
• Identify and develop ways to build engagement, improve workplace relationships, and boost productivity and retention
• Ensure regulatory compliance with legal requirements pertinent to the day-to-day management of employees; collaborate with the legal department when necessary
• Interpret human resources policy to local management.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources or related field. Advanced degree highly desirable.
• A minimum of 10 years of relevant working experience, with a minimum of 7 years in management
• At least 5 years of experience in leading a regional HR team in a multi-national, publicly traded company in EMEA
• Knowledge of European countries employment laws and regulations
• Experience in the functional areas of organization development, talent management, change management and total rewards
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective ongoing relationships through all levels of the organization including executives, business partners, functional managers, and peers
• High-energy individual willing to get involved in all aspects of HR that can drive organizational change, talent development and bottom-line growth
• Ability to function well independently, demonstrate ownership and self-sufficiency for project management and the achievement of agreed upon results
• Fluency in English is required
• Strong executive presence
• Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
• Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
• Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
• Resilient and tenacious with a strong propensity to persevere
• Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
• Problem solving and root cause identification skills
• Team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
• Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
• Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
• Ability to travel within EMEA and internationally
A note on culture:
The EMEA Leadership Team are sales force leader types with a practical style and approach. They are solutions oriented and looking for a strategic problem solver as an HR leader. In addition, someone who can dig and give practical solutions to the team as well as execute a longer-term vision for HR. They are likeable and out-going people and have a winning way style as they have seen much success with the firm. An HR leader and partner to keep the winning alive would be the next key to strategic HR systems and development programs for all employees.
About the role and person:
This position will be expected to sit on the HR senior leadership team among peers and will interface with local, regional, and global leaders regularly. As this business ignites innovation from computer chips to rocket ships, this person needs to bring a globally minded thought process to the table. The main mission of the role is to drive transformation through innovative and global projects (New SAP HRIS rollout). You will be based out of one of the 3 main countries in EMEA, and regular business travel will be required (when possible) as engagement of all country leaders is critical to aid and understand their global, regional, and local objectives. This person will come in and analyze the regions and work to align the global strategy and direction whilst building a high-performing team. Upon entering the business, you will have the opportunity to build your 4 HR regional team and revamp EMEA. Some back-office administration will be streamlined out and the role will have a combination of solid and dotted line reports.
As you are sitting above the major key markets in EMEA as the HR leader you need to get results from the large team of professionals who are on the ground and driving the key initiatives. It will be like coming into a USD 22 Billion market cap start up and working to build a high performing team to take more of the market share. As such, you will see significant opportunities for improvement and should be energized by making changes to create a more effective EMEA organization.
The business is in a great position and doing very well. The company is well positioned to thrive post COVID-19.
About the EMEA HR team:
- The solid-line team includes 4 directs (Country HR Managers) and an additional 12 HR professionals of various levels in the region
- There are 3 dotted lines HR professionals (HR Operations)
- The direct team collaborates closely with the EMEA Talent Acquisition and Talent Management, EMEA HR Operations, EMEA Payroll team members.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.