Website Agile Analog
As a Digital Implementation Engineer, you will help grow our digital capabilities to develop an increasingly complex range of mixed signal designs. You will be responsible for the digital physical design, modelling and characterisation of our mixed signal IPs and system solutions, as well as implementation of our test chips. Providing skills and expertise in synthesis through place and route to sign-off and tapeout, you will be familiar with the major digital and mixed signal EDA tools, techniques and requirements for low power as well as high performance designs.
Working collaboratively with our other engineers, particularly analog and software developers, you will also have a significant customer facing aspect to the role, ensuring that our IP works and integrates seamlessly in to digital implementation flows and help guide our product roadmap and deliverables.
Experience of the challenges of both analog and digital-on-top chips, implementing complex power domains, ultra-low power and higher performance digital design in mixed signal ICs would be extremely valuable in getting the most from this position.
What you will be doing
- Developing, implementing and delivering digital and mixed signal IP and test chips across a broad range of process nodes from low geometry FinFET to more specialist processes.
- Developing and automating our digital and mixed signal design implementation tool flows and infrastructure using industry leading tools and methodologies.
- Using industry leading tools and techniques to generate the highest quality mixed signal IP with aggressive power, performance and area targets.
- Implementing strong design verification and checking infrastructure to ensure our customers consistently receive the highest quality mixed signal IP rapidly with the necessary views for them to easily integrate.
- Working closely with our customers to understand their requirements and help drive our IP roadmap
- Working collaboratively and proactively with other technical leaders and engineers internally and externally
- Opportunities to lead teams and activities as appropriate to your skills and interests
What we need from you:
- Experience and a successful track record of digital physical design, implementing digital designs from RTL through synthesis to signoff, including synthesis, DFT, place and route, STA, DRC/LVS, IR drop analysis, EM, equivalence checking etc.
- Experience of implementing digital designs in mixed signal IP and IC’s
- Understanding of the signoff and release requirements of digital and mixed signal IP, required for integration and tapeouts
- Hands-on experience of developing mixed signal semiconductor IP
- Experience of the major tools and methodologies in both low power and higher performance digital and mixed signal IC developments
- Experience of standard cell or IP library characterisation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Working knowledge of scripting for automation (ideally python)
Even better if you have:
- Experience of low power and high performance digital design with complex clocking and timing requirements
- Experience working on advanced process nodes (7nm and below)
- Experience of digital verification (including formal methods, UVM etc)
- Experience of low power, mixed signal development with digital designs embedded within analog IP
- Mixed signal, low power signoff methodologies, including UPF etc
- Strong DFT/ ATPG experience within mixed signal IP
- Packaging knowledge (CSP, BGA, etc.)
- Analog circuit design and layout experience
- Programming experience: Matlab, Python, C, Linux
- Software development skills and experience of automation (ideally python)
What do we offer in return
As well as the opportunity to really contribute to getting things done we also offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package including:
- A friendly, supportive and inclusive working environment
- The option to work remotely with home set-up assistance
- Flexible work hours to fit around your personal commitments
- Professional development and professional society membership
- 25 days’ annual leave with the option to purchase additional days
- Company pension scheme (with a salary sacrifice option)
- Private health insurance (including optical and dental cover)
- Life Assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme – free wellbeing and health services
If the above role matches your experience, skills and motivations then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your cv along with your salary expectations and we will be in touch shortly
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit apply.workable.com.