GlobalFoundries (GF) is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GF makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Internship Program Overview:
Our Interns & Co-ops are our entry-level talent pipeline for GF across the globe. Our goal is to provide students with a meaningful work experience that will equip them with the skills to embark on a career in the fast-paced and growing semiconductor industry after graduation. As an intern at GF, you’ll experience one-on-one mentorship, work assignments that prioritize your growth and potential, professional development opportunities, and the chance to network with executives.
Summary of Role:
GlobalFoundries’ Technology team is seeking an eager PhD intern to work on device modeling and machine learning over the summer.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Apply Machine Learning techniques to the modeling of semiconductor devices
- Prototyping of ML applications to improve device modeling efficiency.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Education – Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s in Electrical or Software Engineering or related field.
- Language Fluency – English (Written & Verbal)
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week during the internship.
- Experience writing software for python methods in machine learning, such as scikit-learn and pyTorch for scientific applications.
- Prior related internship or co-op experience
- Project management skills, i.e. the ability to innovate and execute on solutions that matter; the ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning & organizational skills
- Bonus if applicant has knowledge or experience with CMOS devices.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit globalfoundries.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.