Our client in Auburn Hills, MI is looking for a Design Release Engineer. This is a contract position.
What You Will Do:
The DRE Engineer will be responsible for the engineering, design, development, timing and validation of exterior handle system (e.g. Exterior Bezel, Grip body, conuter balance, Inertia system, handle brackets, cables etc.) from initial concept through full volume production.
Responsibilities will include interface with advanced engineering group, vehicle development & other functional engineering areas of Body teams along with the supplier. Responsibility to package, design & develop release these components to meet all functional objectives. The Engineer will provide feasibility input for development of designs through the advanced engineering team and work closely with the other functional areas packaged in the adjacent area to design and package the parts to all clearance requirements as well as working closely with HMI and Vehicle Integration team to meet functional objectives. Establish and manage development timeline for life of project with production suppliers. The Engineer will develop functional objectives, build objectives, DVP&R / DFMEA & manage the production supplier to meet all requirements. The Engineer will be responsible for the release of completed geometry using NX Teamcenter CAD tools.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace or Materials Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- 3 -5 years of engineering experience.
- Design/development engineering experience in Body Closures Hardware – Handle system, Latches, Striker , Cables, PE Sensors.
- Self-starter with strong leadership, communication skills and demonstrated problem-solving ability.
- Proficient in MS-Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Experience in Flush handle system, Deployable Handles and Traditional strap Handles.
- Experience in Integrating electronic systems, Passive Entry systems, NFC readers, RFHM, CAN-FD etc.
- Knowledgeable in Cybersecurity requirements.
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R).
- Knowledgeable in NX and TC release experience.
- Body systems in-plant launch experience.
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) green / black-belt.
- Shainin/ Kepner-Tregoe reactive problem solving.
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “First”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Free training on all Altair products
Why Work with Us:
Altair is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of data analytics, product development, and high-performance computing (HPC). Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with data analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping our customers integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design to expand product value, develop AI, simulation and data-driven digital twins to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud solutions to support unlimited idea exploration. To learn more, please visit altair.com
Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD
At our core we are explorers; adventures; pioneers. We are the brains behind some of the world’s most revolutionary innovations and are not only comfortable in new and unchartered waters, we dive headfirst. We are the original trailblazers that make the impossible possible, discovering new solutions to our customer’s toughest challenges.
Altair is an equal opportunity employer. Our backgrounds are diverse, and every member of our global team is critical to our success. Altair’s history demonstrations a belief that empowering each individual authentic voice reinforces a culture that thrives because of the uniqueness among our team.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.