Do you like a challenge, are you a complex thinker who likes to solve problems? If so, then you might be the new Altairian we are searching for. At Altair, your curiosity matters. We pride ourselves on a business culture that enables open, creative thinking, and we deeply value our employees and their contributions towards our clients’ success, as well as our own.
Working in a product development environment under direct supervision of experienced Design Engineers, you will apply your skills and knowledge to component and sub-component hardware of the nacelle; resolve complex detail design problems; create 3D solid models and drawings in CATIA V5 within Enovia; release data models and engineering; and may serve as a resource for other engineers. Assists in design of component parts and assemblies for application in company products. Works to established design parameters. The position follows prescribed procedures and works under direct supervision, conducts trade studies to develop design options or recommendations for structures, systems and components. Assists in the preparation of cost estimates and specifications.
What You Will Do:
- Assists with design trades and evaluations of competing designs considering strength, weight, cost and producibility. Participates in Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR) and Critical Design Reviews (CDR), and Lean Events.
- Assists in creating and presenting to internal groups through written, verbal and media presentation, consult with subject matter experts within our organization to understand design trade impacts on product metrics.
- Once the product moves from development to production, responsibilities evolve to include: cost and weight reduction initiatives, resolution of production and field issues, Apollo root cause analysis, and reconciliation analysis of the nacelle components for aircraft/engine variants, load/flight envelope changes and design life extension.
- With significant positions on ground-breaking new commercial programs, including the Boeing 787Dreamliner, Airbus A350 XWB, Bombardier C-Series, Mitsubishi Regional Jet, and A320neo, and a unique culture that encourages collaboration, engagement and career development – Goodrich is the place to move your career to the next level.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical or aerospace bachelor’s program) or equivalent related degree.
- Design experience of lightweight structures using CATIA V5 is desired. Pro-E, Solid works or Unigraphics may be acceptable alternates.
- Experience in product development teams with engine / airframe companies is highly desired.
- Finite element analysis (FEA).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of basic scope.
- Knowledge of load paths and various aspects of airframe design using metals and composites are desired.
- Use and validate Standard Work and other Continuous Improvement tools to solve problems and to demonstrate awareness of your assigned tasks and activities.