On this complementary team, we have an open and relaxed culture where outstanding, creative engineers work together on significant projects. Our upbeat and collaborative team builds CPU designs that impact how people connect every day.
Whether you consider yourself an experienced CPU micro architect or an expert RTL design engineer, this role offers you meaningful and rewarding responsibilities with forward-thinking colleagues and the ability to make an impact on our industry. At our Austin-based design center, you will join a small, rare and hardworking RTL design team developing the next generation Arm A-class microprocessors. You will contribute in all aspects of the microprocessor life cycle from developing the specification, defining the microarchitecture and coding the RTL design to deliver Arm’s next high performance, energy efficient microprocessors to meet the demands of the market.
You will use groundbreaking technologies and methodologies to ensure the highest quality products as you collaborate with other Arm engineering teams to build complete IP solutions to address the performance, power and cost requirements for almost all application markets.
What will you do every single day?
- You own and develop CPU microarchitecture specification and design
- You handle Verilog RTL logic design and debug
- You work closely with engineers across performance modeling, validation, and implementation to meet all functional requirements, performance, power and area goals
Required Skills and Experience :
- Master’s in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of post-degree work experience in processor RTL and microarchitecture design (think senior/staff types)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer (in one of these disciplines or another relevant discipline) along with at least 9 years of confirmed experience may be substituted
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience :
- Domain expertise in various logic areas of CPU microarchitecture design – specifically areas associated with out-of-order processor design including: rename, instruction issue, commit, etc.
- High-performance, low-latency execution, high area-efficient and power-efficient processor design
- RTL design for multi-threaded, low-power microprocessors
- Hands-on experience using Verilog or VHDL HDL for design
- Designing for synthesis targeted to achieve specified power, frequency, and area targets
- Make good judgements on functionality, performance, and physical implementation trade-offs
- Scripting, e.g. with Perl, Python, etc.
We offer a hybrid approach to home and office working to provide an adaptable experience for all employees. We expect some working time to be spent in office, to promote a strong collaborative environment with good team integration but are accommodating to different home working requirements.
At ARM, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our diverse environment and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to challenge mediocre and craft the phenomenal.
Do great things
Working at pace, embracing challenges, finding a way
– Aim high, be courageous, take risks
– Find the balance between speed and perfection, whilst striving for excellence
– Be intentional in what you focus your time and energy on
– Adapt, be willing to change direction to improve the outcome
– Welcome the challenge and celebrate achievement
We, not I
Win together, not alone
– Co-create with our ecosystem, through listening and leadership
– Take accountability for your actions and support others’ decisions
– Include the right people at the right time in decision making
– Make the most of the skills and knowledge across Arm, share information with those who need it
– Care about the people around you
Be your brilliant self
Skillful individuality, performance and inclusion
– Push yourself to be the best version of you
– Create a safe environment for those you work with to reach their full potential
– Be curious and embrace differences
– Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do great work
– Be thoughtful. Don’t be a jerk
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.arm.com.