Summary / Role Purpose
- The Consulting Engineer-II is responsible for leveraging their experience, subject matter expertise and customer-relationship skills to assist in growing our software business by proactively helping customers deploy Ansys technology to deliver on their key business initiatives. The Consulting Engineer II is responsible for assisting in scoping and executing consulting projects that deliver business value for Ansys customers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with ACE and Sales to create solutions to complex customers problems that drive software revenue.
- Work with lead and principal engineers to accurately scope the level of effort needed to deliver transformative automation and customization consulting projects to our customers.
- Work independently to deliver scoped consulting projects in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Draw from your simulation experience and expertise to provide best practices that will demonstrate a clear path for customers to drive more value from Ansys; collaborate effectively to transfer product knowledge and best practices to customers and the ACE team.
- Continue to expand and improve your skills and knowledge by learning new Ansys products and features.
- Participate in internal corporate initiatives to further enhance the products, consulting and training offerings, presales/sales enablement, and professional growth.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- BS/Btech in engineering or other technical discipline
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering practices and product development, technology and how these tools are used by our customers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects which are complex in nature and coordinate colleagues across diverse teams and locations.
- Ability to facilitate customer requirements process and then work with customer to build out those requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Experience and knowledge in structural analysis areas such as Structural nonlinearity, Fracture, Fatigue, Impact/Crash. Strong hands-on experience with Implicit & explicit simulation tools. Strong fundamentals in Structural Mechanics, Finite Element Analysis, Non-Linear Materials & Dynamics.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- MS/M.tech or PhD degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in an engineering environment
- Knowledge of additional programming languages (Fortran, C++) would be desirable.
- Must have passion and drive for personal technical excellence and high performance.
- Must have customer service aptitude and maintain customer focus.
- Ability to travel up to 30%
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.