The Connector Engineer’s role is to design higher end connectors, provably high speed and high-density connectors whilst working closely with internal Samtec Japan and Samtec Global team.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities.
- Find and/or develop enabling technology to unlock current connector design limitations.
- Work directly with component suppliers to develop New Products
- Be an active part of the global New Product Design and Development Group
- Research new technologies within Japan (Technologist role)
- To expand existing core capabilities
- To develop new capabilities
- Find and develop new suppliers with cutting edge technology and know-how within Japan (and overall within Asia)
- Project Management responsibilities
- Any task/project; as and when assigned by Superior.
- Adheres to all Samtec Quality Principles and actions.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.”
- 3 years in related / similar position is preferred.
- Self-start individual is preferred but must be able to work at a remote office
- Hands on experience with small assemblies in one or more of the following
- Molding (horizontal and insert/wafer)
- Progressive die stamping
- Electroplating (reel to reel)
- Manufacturing / assembly
- Preferred hands on experience with Cable assemblies and components
- Basic raw cable
- Coax cable
- Preferred Connector design, development and manufacturing experience
- Candidate should have proficiency in one or more of the following: GD&T, DFM, FMEA, Six Sigma, FEA
- Proficient with engineering design software (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc) SolidWorks experience is preferred
- Willing to travel to both domestic and international locations frequently.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering / related technical or equivalent experience.
- Samtec DNA
- ISO/TS Awareness Training
- ISO 14001 Awareness Training
Languages: English talking/writing/understand