Website Siemens EDA
The Commodity Specialist will create value by managing the supplier base of assigned commodities and drive productivity savings and supplier performance across multiple factories of Electrification & Automation (E&A) Business Unit of Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI). You will demonstrate sufficient understanding of the supplier market in order to select the most suitable vendors who are able to deliver high quality products on-time at driven pricing. Your outstanding actions and negotiation skills will create value with regards to key metrics such as cost productivity, on-time availability, and supplier quality. In this role, you will drive performance with suppliers, collaborate with internal teams and make your mark within a team that is passionate about succeeding and making an impact. You will develop relationships with internal stakeholders and become a valued partner in the sourcing process.
This position is based in the Wendell, NC office and reports to the Head of Procurement of Siemens SI EA business unit as an individual contributor.
* Assigned Commodity: Managed commodities are copper, brass, aluminum & insulation parts manufactured by casting, molding, machining, stamping & extrusion processes.
* Supplier Relationship Management: Manage relationship with suppliers of assigned commodities. Relationship includes negotiating pricing, monitoring performance to agreed terms and conditions, and new vendor on boarding when necessary. Collaborate with key suppliers to expand knowledge of category and identify opportunities for improvements resulting in a joint benefit to the company and supplier. Leverage supplier expertise and/or technology in an effort to harness improvements in reducing total costs. Collaborate with global commodity management while optimizing company-wide buying power by reviewing the financial, quality, pricing, on-time delivery, service, and availability level of suppliers.
* Contractual Agreements: Develop and negotiate contractual agreements to provide price protection and supply security in consultation with legal, business and technical functions. Execute requirements per terms of the agreements.
* Specification Review: Review project specific product specifications to determine alternate supplier material to introduce enhanced competition. Ability to engage in technical discussions with internal and external partners on assigned commodities. Able to analyze and propose design to cost opportunities and manage through to completion.
* Supplier Quality: Engage suppliers in an effort to provide long term solutions to quality issues. Develop and lead quality agreement negotiations. Provide recommendations specific to the category being sourced. Coordinate cross functional and business discussions to drive continuous improvement opportunities throughout the organization. Monitor quality and delivery performance of key suppliers.
* Risk Management: Develop supplier relationships resulting in optimized supply chain efficiencies and security of supply. Evaluate supplier’s capabilities and capacities while implementing plans to ensure adequate supply of goods and services. Negotiate agreements with suppliers that mitigate or spread the overall risk.
* Early Supplier Involvement: Implementing the procurement aspects of the Siemens Product Lifecycle Process for new product development as needed. Involve the supply base knowledge at an early stage in order to optimize the quality, manufacturability and cost position on new products.
* Parts Sourcing & Suppliers Setup: For the parts and material belonging to the assigned commodities, conduct eAuctions, send RFQs, receive and analyze proposals, conduct supplier negotiation, selection, and supplier set-up. Set up Info Record, Source List and Material Master for the parts in SAP.
You’ll win us over by having the following qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in Mechanical or Production Engineering
- Minimum 5 years Supply Chain experience
- Ability to interact with inter and intra departmental personnel
- Strong computer skills including Excel, PowerPoint
- Successful track record of supplier negotiation
- Demonstrated self-starter
- 10% travel required
- Knowledge of electrical distribution equipment, such as switchgear & control gear
You’ll benefit from:
- Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to our employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html
- The pay range for this position is $72,400 – $124,100. The actual wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications and premium geographic location.