ARTERIS IP is the world leader in SoC and NoC systems. Founded in France by a small team of semiconductor design, network, and software experts, we have grown to over 200 employees with headquarters in Silicon Valley and offices around the globe.
Our technology is used by the most innovative electronic systems providers, ranging from AI to automotive, cell phones, IoT, cameras, SSD controllers and servers.
To support our growth, we are looking for a Chief Architect.
This is a high-level, high-profile position, requiring interaction with cross-functional teams.
The work will expose the candidate to all aspects of Network-on-Chip Product design flow, including Architecture, IP development, Network Topology Synthesis, SoC Integration, Performance Modeling, Safety Certifications, Fault Injection, Silicon Testing and other complex SoC product aspects.
Each team is working with the latest tools and digital design and verification techniques in bleeding edge silicon nodes, at 5 nm and below. Team members work directly with Architecture, Software and SoC teams in Campbell and other global Arteris locations.
As a Chief Architect at Arteris, you will have the opportunity to be part of a team shaping the future of the company by participating in roadmap definition, defining new and enhanced NoC products.
In that function, you will be interacting with the marketing team to understand new feature requirements, driving the architecture and specification process for all NoC product lines.
Your role will require a moderate amount of travel visiting other Arteris IP offices or major customers.
You will join a proven-successful company, and be able to influence development environment, architecture, verification, and everything in-between.
- Work closely with the marketing and application support teams to understand customer and market requirements to drive the product roadmap
- Understand, analyze and influence external platform architecture specifications for complex systems-on-a-chip and translate this into requirements for our products
- Participate in standardization efforts for Coherence Protocols, Chip-to-Chip interface standards, develop and advance interconnect protocols to meet next generation SoC requirements
- Write architecture specifications for highly configurable network-on-chips, extending our existing product lines and drive architectural modeling to validate innovative ideas in SoC architecture to grow our IP portfolio
- Work closely with the system modeling, emulation and HW design teams to validate and bring new ideas to market, trading off customer demand, innovation and schedule for market leading products
- Support all groups within Arteris IP as a senior technology advisor, helping them to solve hard problems
- Cooperate with Hardware, Software and Documentation teams to deliver a consistent, high quality product
- Manage, motivate and grow the architecture team
We Are Looking For – Key Requirements
- 12+ years of experience in SoC/IP/NoC designs
- Expert in hardware coherent and non-coherent communication protocols and ordering models (AMBA, PCIe, CXL, OCP, others)
- Deep knowledge and expertise in ARM and RISC V processor and system architecture
- Strong Experience in SoC/IP design flow (e.g. Specification, Architecture, RTL coding, Verification, DFT, Synthesis, Power and Timing Closure)
- Some background in physical design, knowledge of advanced process technology is a plus
- Excellent problem solving, strong communication and teamwork skills
- Self-driven, able to work with minimum supervision
- PhD or Master’s degree in Science, Engineering or related field.
- SystemC, Verilog/System Verilog, Cadence, Synopsys tools (DC, PTSI, CDC), Mentor Graphic,
- General software programming and modeling tools (Matlab, C++, Perl, Tcl, Python)
- Working experience with and knowledge of architectural emulation tools (e.g. gem5) will be an advantage
Estimated Base Salary
- $250,000 to $300,000 annually
Arteris is a leading provider of system IP for the acceleration of system-on-chip (SoC) development across today’s electronic systems. Arteris network-on-chip (NoC) interconnect IP and SoC integration automation technology enable higher product performance with lower power consumption and faster time to market, delivering better SoC economics so its customers can focus on dreaming up what comes next.
With over 250 employees with headquarters in Silicon Valley and offices around the globe, we are a catalyst for SoC innovation so companies ranging from startups to the biggest technology market leaders can effectively create new products with proven connectivity flexibility and ease. Learn more at arteris.com.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit www.arteris.com.