The CAE Analysis Intern will assist the SimLab specialist in testing and evaluation of various functionalities of HyperWorks products (SimLab, HyperMesh, OptiStruct, Acusolve, Radioss, etc). The primary function will be to perform CAE preprocessing and FE/CFD/Thermal/NVH/Drop Test analysis to test SimLab software developments and document them. The CAE intern will be trained in SimLab to perform various tasks.
What You Will Do:
- Learn about the Altair Graphical User Interface (GUI) and Solver Products
- Specialize in Altair SimLab while performing FE/CFD/Thermal/NVH/Drop Test Analysis
- Test new software development and provide feedback
- Perform meshing benchmark studies
- Assist in developing training material/marketing material, video creation & short presentations for new product features
- Assist in developing support literature such as “Tips & Tricks” or “Frequently Asked Questions” based on your observation of the software
- Assist in SimLab training activities in the office
What You Will Need:
- Master’s degree in mechanical, Automotive or Aerospace Engineering preferred
- Knowledge and strong interest of Finite element analysis
- Knowledge of durability and vibration analysis
- Knowledge of Thermal and CFD analysis
- Knowledge of NVH, Drop Test, Cooling and Thermo Mechanical simulation of Electronic Products (PCB, etc.)
- Knowledge of Fatigue simulation of BGA in PCB Chip Modules
- Less than one-year experience in SimLab, HyperMesh, Abaqus, OptiStruct, Acusolve, Radioss or similar FEA software.
- Exposure to CAD tools like NX or Creo or CATIA V5
- Good communication skills (Oral and Written)
- Strong presentation skills.
- Aptitude for solving engineering problems