Do you like a challenge, are you a complex thinker who likes to solve problems? If so, then you might be the new Altairian we are searching for. We are seeking focused, driven professionals looking to start/grow their career in sales. The Business Development Representative is responsible for supporting the Account Manager(s) within their verticals to support sales growth and profitability. BDRs are responsible for proactive inbound/outbound prospecting, lead/contact management (lead generation and qualification), pipeline building, market research and supporting campaign efforts. This position will have a direct impact on our success by providing qualified prospects to our Account Managers for opportunity creation. You will partner with AM’s across the organization to create new selling opportunities in key targeted accounts across multiple industry verticals.
In this role, you will be provided the guidance and training needed to become a technology sales expert while mastering the art of the cold call and the finesse of targeted email campaigns. You will actively collaborate with marketing and sales executives to develop the best ways to grow the AM’s Pipeline. If you are looking to master your sales skills, grow as a sales professional and launch your sales career, this is the role for you.
Function/Team: UK Sales Team
Location: Leamington Spa
Contract Type: Permanent
Reporting Line: BDR Team Lead
Work Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
What You Will Do:
- Perform research on assigned verticals and domains leading to the generation of company and contact data
- Leveraging existing accounts to understand customer and supplier companies, again leading to the generation of company and contact data.
LEAD GENERATION AND QUALIFICATION
- Daily sales calls to create sales opportunities and scheduling meetings with key executives for our AMs
- Daily email/social media outreach
- Lead generation and qualification in coordination with the sales and marketing teams
- Build pipeline and assist in exceeding sales goals
- Ensures sales pipeline remains full with qualified prospects, document information and provide accurate pipeline and forecast data for new sales
- Undertakes sales activities for new business for an assigned verticals, accounts or product/service line to achieve or exceed assigned revenue objectives through telephone, email, and social media (via discovery calls and cold calling).
- Aid competitive campaign efforts to build pipeline and exceed sales goals.
- Supports Sales team with administrative support when required
- Learns and remains knowledgeable of the Altair products and solutions to correctly position for customer value
- Continuous effort to drive the business forward
PLANNING & ORGANISATION
- Works calmly and productively under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Displays good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise, adapt to change & manage day-to-day tasks
- Plans ahead and works in a methodical, systematic and organised way
- Shows initiative and is highly proactive
- Follows directions and procedures where required
- Establishes good relationships both internally and externally. Maintains business relationships with current and prospective customers
- Displays assertiveness when necessary
- Active member of the company culture and values
SKILLS GAINED ON THE JOB:
- Best practices to create interest from top executives in targeted accounts
- Confidence on the phone and through email
- Exposure to working with seasoned Account Managers
- Learn best practices in delivering presentations in a sales process
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Technical/Engineering, Business, Sales or Marketing preferred)
- Organisational skills to properly plan your day and manage CRM systems for tracking your work
- Ability to effectively communicate Altair’s Software value/USPs
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- Strong writing/verbal skills for effective day to day communication
- A strong desire and passion to be in sales
- Creative, smart and ambitious
- Work hard and a competitive mindset is a must
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “Firsts”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Competitive Neg. OTE
- 25 days annual leave entitlement plus local bank holidays and 3 days Christmas shutdown
- Competitive benefits package post-probationary period including but not limited to:
- Comprehensive pension scheme with enhanced employer contribution – 10%.
- Monthly gym membership
- Health Insurance
- Optical/Dental Cashplan
- Life Insurance at 4x salary benefit
- Income protection and comprehensive sick pay cover/enhanced statutory schemes
- Regular team rewards including team building events/dinners/activities. Company breakfasts/fresh fruit and biscuits daily.
- Training and development opportunities
- Additional Charity Day for each employee
- Eligibility for our Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.