Website Siemens EDA
Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Business Development Professional to support the Diagnostics Specialty Lab Solutions division.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Business Development Professional you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the definition and implementation of the product line strategies by establishing and maintaining strategic partnerships and executing transactions with outside parties.
- Reporting to the Head of Business Development for Lab Solutions, you will interface with Senior Leadership within CLS and SLS Business Lines to understand and help shape strategic priorities, identify and engage with external parties with capabilities relevant to those priorities, and negotiate and close transactions with those external parties.
- Transaction types you can expect to be involved in include, Product and Intellectual Property Licensing, Development and Supply Agreements, Global Distribution Agreements, and other various partnerships; once a sufficient experience and credibility is established, you may also participate in M&A and Venture Capital transactions.
- You will interface and coordinate with key functions depending on deal type including Legal, Intellectual Property, Finance, Procurement, Sales and Marketing, Mergers and Acquisitions, and Siemens Healthineers Ventures.
- You will develop and maintain a strong network of industry relevant connections and remain appraised of
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You are familiar with the IVD industry, its key players and the strengths and weaknesses of their respective portfolios.
- You have a strong network in the medtech / lifesciences industry and/or in healthcare and you can leverage this network to source opportunities for business development.
- You have a strong understanding of IVD business models and their various complexities and you can both qualitatively and quantitatively analyze business opportunities for Siemens Healthineers’ IVD business.
- You have strong PC skills, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint and can efficiently use these tools to analyze and communicate business situations and opportunities.
- As you will interact and interface with external companies and parties on a global basis, you have an openness and sensitivity to other business cultures.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a technical field, business, or finance,
- MBA highly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the IVD (preferred), medical device, or pharmaceutical fields.
- You must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, understand and implement key principles of negotiation, and be able to convince/influence others both externally and within your own organization.
- You must have the capability to simultaneously lead and manage multiple high complexity projects.
- Willing to travel up to 25%.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
The pay range for this position in New York state is $163,000 – $203,500 U.S. dollars annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on actual location of where the work is performed, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The annual incentive target is (15%) of base pay. Siemens Healthineers offers a variety of health and wellness benefits including paid time off and holiday pay. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://benefitsatshs.com/index.html
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.