Arrow Electronics, Inc. – a Fortune 150 company with global headquarters in Denver – helps the world’s best technology companies think “Five Years Out,” working together to continually innovate the “next big thing”.
As a Business Development Manager – Power Solutions, you will be working with new and emerging customers across a variety of industries. You will support customer needs and provide technical leadership to champion Arrow initiatives and promote customer success through our Arrow partnerships.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Responsible for the assessment of existing and potential customers, defining product needs, and sales execution. Continuous relationship development between the business area, regional teams and the manufacturers to ensure a trust and support of business objectives.
- Budget responsibility for all assigned business development areas.
- Defines and tracks performance for the manufacturers products and services.
- Coordinates opportunity development of both Net New as well as Existing Customers.
- Relationship management with the manufacturer’s regional staff in all Vertical markets
- Strong knowledge of industry trends within Power, Thermal, Lighting, Motors, and Batteries products; able to articulate the associated solutions for key Power OEM customers.
- Work with Power Value Add Development center resources to grow and expand existing customer base.
- Working independently in various design and development capacities, including be not limited to the following; aid in specification & architecture definition, scheduling, detailed design and verification.
- Understanding business needs and processes; helps identify solutions, present and guide project team/sponsors in identifying the best solution.
- Participating in requirements analysis; design applications based on system requirements and architecture, prototype if necessary.
- Contributing to the enhancement of the Project Development process and standards, along with the associated tools that support those processes.
- Providing production support that includes evaluate defects, investigate cause and devise solutions to address defects
- Strategic and tactical development with field and sales management – assist on pricing of opportunity and design solution.
- Manage supplier and customer expectations by building and developing relationships, keeping stakeholders up-to-date on activities, plans, and progressing towards initiatives. Identify key relationships amongst decision makers within suppliers and customers.
- Host pre-scheduled meetings with customers/entrepreneurs to discuss technical design and identify areas Arrow can solve
- Participate in daily huddles and regular tech storms with team to discuss entrepreneur technology requirements
- Cross parts with Arrow franchised supplier line cards and focus on getting Arrow parts onto customer bill of materials
- Attend Supplier Trainings where appropriate and maintain registrations on Arrow DW Eligible Parts
What We’re Looking For:
- TECHNICAL SPECIALITY: Power Solution Specialist
- 5–7 years of related experience with a 4-year Engineering degree; or 3 years and an advanced degree;
- 5+ years of demonstrated solutions sales experience including new business acquisition, opportunity qualification, development and closing, account planning and alignment, customer and partner relationship management, margin management support, and sales effectiveness fundamentals.
- Experience in detailed design of Power systems, AC/DC applications, DC to DC applications, Power Mechanical applications, Power System Applications, Configurable Power, Control System using, but not limited to the following:
- Timing, Power and Thermal analysis techniques and processes
- Ability to learn new technologies to build and grow skills across Power and OEM equipment.
- Experience with use of electronics laboratory equipment and measurement techniques
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug electronic systems, circuits, and devices
- Proficiency with MS Office tools or equivalent
- Experience in some development of Firmware
Travel and Location
- This role will be US based and responsible for US based Partner Business Development. Ability to travel 50-70% regionally, plus occasional cross-country travel required.
What We Offer at Arrow
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, we offer benefits to match your needs:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
Annual Hiring Range/Hourly Rate:
$130,400.00 – $220,004.40
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between base pay and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at offer.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.arrow.com.