Website Siemens EDA
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation! We know that the only way a business thrives is if our people are thriving. That’s why we always put our people first. Our global, diverse team would be happy to support you and challenge you to grow in new ways. Who knows where our shared journey will take you?
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, adaptable, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve people’s lives.
Fire Alarm Technicians play a crucial role in ensuring the safety and efficiency of our Smart Buildings. You will be responsible for the installation, programming, start-up, and commissioning of state-of-the-art fire alarm equipment, including fire safety, mass notification, detectors, and field peripherals. Why is this so important? Our Fire Alarm Specialists are the face of Siemens, and your expertise and regular interaction with the customer will help keep their buildings and inhabitants safe.
Curious to see what a Fire Alarm Technician does on a day-to-day basis? CLICK HERE: TECHNICIAN VIDEO
As a Fire Alarm Technician, you will:
- Participate in Operational Testing, Verification, and Acceptance: Run routine reports to review system operation, conduct final inspections and testing, and support customer acceptance and the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ). You will assist in customer training on system operations and provide necessary plans and fire safety system documents for as-built drawings. Identifying code and non-conformance issues and making recommendations for system installation will be crucial
- Conduct Project Site Communication and Coordination: You may support scheduling trade contractors to coordinate start-up services and adhere to local, corporate, and OSHA safety policies and procedures
You will make an impact with these qualifications:
- 1+ years’ experience in the installation and/or maintenance of commercial fire alarm systems
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire; use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet; carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Must obtain NICET Fire Alarm Certification Level 2 within 12 months
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a continual and permanent basis without company sponsorship
- Must be 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license with limited violations
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree in electronics or related field preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in the installation and/or maintenance of commercial fire alarm systems
- Ability to read/understand design and construction documents
You’ll benefit from:
- Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to our employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html
- The pay range for this position is $46,000-$80,300. The actual wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications and premium geographic location.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.