How does something you do not see improve your daily life? This is what our products do and they are in your smartphones, cars, and connected objects. They make them more efficient and less energy intensive. We are passionate about innovation in technology and proud of the value we create for our customers. At Soitec, we are also in a state of transformation: cultural, managerial and digital. We want to make our company an organization where freedom of action and accountability guide our actions. Do you want to change things or test a new idea? If so, what are you waiting for? It is time to come to Soitec!
What does the job consist?
Soitec continues to reinforce its market position with the growing adoption of our products across four major markets: Mobile Phones, Automotive, Internet of Things and Data Center Solutions.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing our business, enabling:
- Continued adoption of our Fully-Depleted Silicon-on-Insulator (FD-SOI) technology,
- Improved solutions, for Connecting-the-Unconnected,
- Emerging applications in IoT, Image Sensor Processor and Edge Computing markets.
As the manager of the Mixed-Signal SOI Business Unit (BU), you will strategically position the BU to build and support businesses across various markets and regions and, therefore, have a proven track record of creativity, leadership and quantitative reasoning. You enjoy working independently but understand the importance of building synergies across the broader organization in order to achieve the Profit & Loss (P&L) targets set by Division Manager, Smart Devices on a five-year business plan horizon.
As Business Unit Manager, you will lead your organization by-example,
Requirements & qualifications
In order to succeed in this exciting role, we expect you to have demonstrated tangible results in several of the following areas:
- Generation and conversion of new opportunities into concrete, sustainable business;
- Understanding (and differentiating) long-term market demands and short-term trends;
- Proficiency in deriving, crafting and commercial deal terms and conditions is desired;
- Developing tools to forecast and support 5-year business plan is preferred;
- Synthesizing main sales targets with timeline and prioritization is preferred; and market-level requirements into product-level descriptors is desired;
- Understanding (and differentiating) mechanics of the semiconductor value-chain, and high-level IP roadmap (with requirements) for 5G, IoT and Edge AI is desired;
- Experience in driving partner projects in 5G, IoT or Edge AI markets is highly desired, ideally from Semiconductor indistry;
- Proven record of maintaining structure and focus as part of an evolving business;
- Proficiency with program management (and issue-tracking) tools is mandatory;
- Knowledge with program methodologies such as Lean, Agile or SAFe is desired;
- Senior experience in balancing customer requirements with internal R&D processes;
- Minimum 10 years experience in semiconductor (or related market) is mandatory;
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering (or related discipline) with semiconductors is desired;
- Proven record of making good deals for both business and customer and develop trustworthy long-term partnerships (in your market segment) is mandatory;
- Proficiency in English is mandatory, multicultural organizational leadership is preferred;
The position is to be located in either Singapore or in Grenoble, France region.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers-soitec.icims.com.