What You Will Do:
This position will be responsible for the development and execution of closures design best practices on Front and Rear Closures systems. Front and rear closures systems consist of hoods, liftgates, decklids, fenders, gas props, manual props and the sealing / hardware interfaces of each. The Design Release Engineer will work with CAD engineers, attend packaging meetings, provide launch support at the assembly plant, and coordinate with suppliers. Responsible for change management, EBOM, cost and mass imperatives. Manage and support DV/PV testing with the supplier to meet program timing. Determine root cause of issues using structured problem solving and write appropriate change notices. Travel as required to assembly plants and suppliers within NAFTA region.
- Minimum 3 years of design experience with BIW sealing applications.
- Design experience with NX and Team Center.
- BIW lauch experience with sealing design and water testing.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- Minimum of 3 -5 years of experience engineering.
- Knowledgeable in use of NX and Team Center.
- Advanced level of design/development engineering experience in Body – Closures.
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R) .
- Self-starter and motivated to produce results and stay on schedule.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “First”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Free training on all Altair products
Why Work with Us:
Altair is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of data analytics, product development, and high-performance computing (HPC). Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with data analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping our customers integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design to expand product value, develop AI, simulation and data-driven digital twins to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud solutions to support unlimited idea exploration. To learn more, please visit altair.com
Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD
At our core we are explorers; adventures; pioneers. We are the brains behind some of the world’s most revolutionary innovations and are not only comfortable in new and unchartered waters, we dive headfirst. We are the original trailblazers that make the impossible possible, discovering new solutions to our customer’s toughest challenges.
Altair is an equal opportunity employer. Our backgrounds are diverse, and every member of our global team is critical to our success. Altair’s history demonstrations a belief that empowering each individual authentic voice reinforces a culture that thrives because of the uniqueness among our team.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.