Do you like a challenge, are you a complex thinker who likes to solve problems? If so, then you might be the new Basic Embedded Software Engineer we are searching for. At Altair, your curiosity matters. We pride ourselves on a business culture that enables open, creative thinking, and we deeply value our employees and their contributions towards our clients’ success, as well as our own.
What You Will Do:
As a Software Development Engineer, the candidate will be required to design, develop, and test production software that delivers fantastic customer in-vehicle experiences. They will be responsible for developing, maintaining, executing, deployment and testing of software for high profile vehicle products and other technology-forward vehicles with modern user experiences. Software Development Engineers will work with product owners/TPMs and testers in Agile scrum teams to deliver both product capability, software, and automated tests for the assigned feature. This engineer will be designing, developing, and testing across several software components.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Lead the design, development, and testing of complex software components/subsystems to produce amazing customer experiences.
- Provide high-impact, quality code which iteratively delivers on customer-derived requirements.
- Solves technical problems of moderate-to-large scope while reducing complexity wherever possible.
- Triages and analyzes customer software issues by using modern automation, analytics and diagnostics frameworks.
- Follow, promote code, and improve artisanship best practices, quality standards, security standards.
- Understand and apply industry Software Quality Assurance standards (ASPICE, ISTQB, ASAM, INCOSE, etc.).
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, applicable degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of advanced professional software development experience.
- 2+ Years of C, C++, Java, or other similar object-oriented software development technology.
- 2+ years using version control system (e.g., Git/GitHub).
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field of study.
- 3+ years of advanced professional software development experience.
- 3+ Years of C, C++, Java, or other object-oriented software development technology.
- 3+ years using version control system (e.g., Git/GitHub).
- Familiarity with issues management systems such as Jira.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipelines and technologies such as Jenkins.
- Familiarity with Android Automotive, QNX, Linux, and/or AUTOSAR-based operating systems.
- Familiarity with static and dynamic analysis tools, such as SonarQube, Polyspace, and others.
- Demonstrated effective delivery as the member of an Agile software development team.
- Experience in secure coding practices and modern software development methodology, such as pair programming, test-first/test-driven development OR demonstrated delivery of singular focus programming.
- Understands and applies industry Software Quality Assurance standards (ASPICE,ISTQB, ISO26262, ASAM, INCOSE, etc.).
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “Firsts”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Christmas Bonus (1 month)
- Holidays (12 days)
- Paid holidays (75% prima vacacional)
- Flex Time
- Saving Fund
- Pantry vouchers
- Health insurance (Seguro de gastos médicos mayores, seguro dental, visión, de vida, accidente e invalidez).
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.