The Automated Manufacturing Vision Engineer is responsible for design, development, maintenance and support of automated Vision systems and software solutions used to inspect product quality.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and maintain image processing programs used for manufacturing quality assurance using proprietary languages.
- Design, develop and maintain software solutions using .NET technologies for the configuration and support of the automated inspection systems.
- Assist with installation and startup of automated image processing systems.
- Troubleshoot, provide root cause analysis and corrective actions for reported issues on current Production systems locally and abroad.
- Assist with supporting and maintaining image processing hardware and Windows-based PC systems.
- Some travel will be required to provide assistance and on-site support for other manufacturing locations and/or automation build partners.
- Special projects; as and when instructed by Management/Supervisor.
- Adheres to all Samtec Quality Principles and actions
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- 5+ Years’ of programming experience (Object Oriented programming is preferred).
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Organized and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously as priorities can change quickly.
- Experience with image processing systems and implementations desired.
- Proficient with C#, VB.NET, Visual Studio, relational databases.
- A quick learner: You can quickly make sense of disparate facts.
- Curious: You embrace learning new things and like a regular challenge.
- Thorough: You have a sense of urgency but understand that quality work can’t be rushed.
- Organized: You enjoy variety and can manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Detail oriented: You can follow through on processes and tasks related to your work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a relevant Engineering degree.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.