We’re looking for the dreamweavers of tomorrow.
Alphawave IP has an exciting opportunity within its Ethernet Controller IP/Soft IP division for a up and coming technical leader. The successful candidate will work within the team responsible for the development of OTN / Ethernet /CXL/PCIE Intellectual Property (IP) with the responsibility of both RTL design and verification.
What You’ll Do
- Deliver standards-compliant IP blocks for use in OTN / Ethernet / CXL / PCIE FPGAs or ASICs.
- Lead ASIC or FPGA projects
- Streamline ASIC development process with advancing tools/scripting.
- Deliver on project management
- Architect, develop and document the design using Verilog
- Architect, develop and document the verification environment using SystemVerilog + UVM
- Develop and execute individual test-cases against the RTL
- Issue and track bug reports from inception to closure
- Plan staffing levels and work with HR to recruit, interview, hire and top talent.
- Provide oversight and direction to employees in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and provide career development planning and opportunities.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness, and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed.
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action, with the assistance of HR, when necessary.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate Alphawave information through department meetings, one-on-one meeting and appropriate email, IM, regular interpersonal communication.
What You’ll Need
- MSEE with 8 years of experience or BSEE with 9 years of experience in ASIC or FPGA development
- Telecommunications Protocol knowledge (OTN, Ethernet, CXL, PCIE etc)
- Solid experience with VHDL, Verilog and SystemVerilog
- Experience with FPGA compilation tools
- Experience in SystemVerilog+UVM
- Excellent ability to use Randomized and Directed Verification Methodologies
- Experience with Unix/Linux Shell scripting
- Experience with source code revisioning systems, SVN, CVS, RCS e.g.
It’d Be Amazing If You Had
- Experience in OTN / Ethernet transport systems
- Experience in CXL / PCIE
- Experience with Debugging Tools
- Experience with PERL, TCL, Python and C/C++ programming
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to listen to and appreciate ideas and opinions that differ from yours
- Extremely detail oriented
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills
- Drives for consistency
- Takes personal pride in high standard of outputs
- Self-motivated and self-managing
- Mentoring and coaching skills
Diversity & Inclusivity
Alphawave IP is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal, saving lives.
Alphawave IP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Alphawave IP will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if your application is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.awaveip.com.