Do you like a challenge, are you a complex thinker who likes to solve problems? If so, then you might be the new Altairian we are searching for. At Altair, your curiosity matters. We pride ourselves on a business culture that enables open, creative thinking, and we deeply value our employees and their contributions towards our client’s success, as well as our own.
Altair is seeking a driven and enthusiastic Engineering student for 2023. This is a paid internship opportunity. Altair transforms design and decision-making by applying simulation, machine learning, and optimization throughout product lifecycles. Our broad portfolio of simulation technology and patented units-based software licensing model enable Simulation-Driven Innovation™ for our customers. The Application Engineering Intern will work side by side with our technical experts to provide solutions to our Aerospace customers.
What You Will Do:
- Learn about the Altair suite of products with a focus on our Aerospace customers.
- Work in tandem with Application engineers building custom examples for HyperWorks products.
- Help with customer Proof of Concepts and projects.
- Assist in HyperWorks training activities.
- Documentation of various processes and analysis.
- Communicate with customers, collect their requirements, present solutions and gather feedback.
What You Will Need:
- Must be at least Junior standing currently, pursuing a degree in Mechanical, Civil or Aerospace Engineering degree.
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be driven and excited to learn new technology.
- Basic understanding of Solid Mechanics.
- Understanding of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) concepts.
- Exposure to tools like Radioss, OptiStruct, LS-Dyna, ABAQUS and ANSYS is preferred.
- Must be a team player, able to work well with others as well as independently.
- U.S. Person required due to government contract work.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “Firsts”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive Salary
- Outstanding Work/Life Balance
- Collaborative environment
Why Work with Us:
Altair is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of product development, high-performance computing (HPC) and artificial intelligence (AI). Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with data analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing and artificial intelligence (AI).
For more than 30 years, we have been helping our customers integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design to expand product value, develop AI, simulation, and data-driven digital twins to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud solutions to support unlimited idea exploration. To learn more, please visit altair.com.
Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD
At our core we are explorers; adventurers; pioneers. We are the brains behind some of the world’s most revolutionary innovations and are not only comfortable in new and uncharted waters, we dive in headfirst. We are the original trailblazers that make the impossible possible, discovering new solutions to our customer’s toughest challenges.
Altair is an equal opportunity employer. Our backgrounds are diverse, and every member of our global team is critical to our success. Altair’s history demonstrates a belief that empowering each individual authentic voice reinforces a culture that thrives because of the uniqueness among our team.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.