The Application Engineer II contributes to the support of software products and supporting systems. In this role, the Application Engineer II will collaborate with a team of expert professionals to accomplish customer support objectives.
- Develop competence in one or more products working independently
- Customer support tasks be able to answer questions on tools functionality
- Triage complaints about product defects and root cause for R&D
- Write clear description of product enhancement requests
- Work behind the scenes, be task-orientated and take direction from a mentor to assist with evaluations, benchmarks, or demos
- Develop the trust and respect of team members
- MS in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Experience with EDA tools on layout, Static Timing Analysis, Extraction-SPEF/DSPF, Spice, IC/ASIC design flow knowledge from RTL to GDSII, custom circuit analysis & design, knowledge of low power design methodologies.
- Python, Tcl or any programming skills.
- Technical knowledge and experience with analyzing and designing digital designs, mixed-signal and/or analog designs. Experience with developing methodologies for analyzing digital designs for voltage drop(EMIR) and reliability analyses.
- Experience in a large-scale commercial software support
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel when needed
- Ability to learn quickly and to collaborate with others in a geographically distributed team
- Can be relied upon to complete work assignments well and on time