Summary / Role Purpose
The Application Engineer-II is responsible for leveraging their experience, subject matter expertise and customer-relationship skills to assist in growing our software business by proactively helping customers deploy Ansys technology to deliver on their key business initiatives. The Application Engineer-II is responsible for executing and leading business development projects that deliver business value for Ansys at the Sector/Country or Division level.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Sales to create solutions to complex customers problems that drive software revenue.
- Design, develop, and deploy automation workflows, particularly using PyAnsys, and utilize containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Implement, manage, and optimize CI/CD pipelines, ensuring streamlined testing and deployment of applications.
- Responsible for articulating Ansys value proposition which may encompass its entire suite of products; the presentations must affirm the sales message, differentiate Ansys, and leave a strong and positive impression with Executive level audiences that Ansys technology can help deliver on their key business initiatives.
- Execute and lead multiple high-profile business development projects and analysis of complex technical problems that deliver business value for the client as well as a positive impact for Ansys at the Sector/Country or Divisional level.
- Draw from your simulation experience and expertise to provide best practices that will demonstrate a clear path for customers to drive more value from Ansys; collaborate effectively to transfer product knowledge and best practices to customers and the ACE team.
- Participate in internal corporate initiatives to further enhance the products, consulting and training offerings, presales/sales enablement, and professional growth; actively participate in the development and mentoring of team members.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- B.Tech or B.S. in engineering or other technical discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience, including post-BS academic experience, in an engineering environment.
- Is considered a subject matter expert and recognized within the Sector/Country or Division in at least one relevant discipline within our business and is sought out for counsel and advice by other engineers within Ansys and/or by industry experts.
- Proficient in Python, C/C++ or other programming languages.
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering practices and product development, technology and how these tools are used by our customers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects which are complex in nature and coordinate colleagues across diverse teams and locations.
- Ability to facilitate customer requirements process and then work with customer to build out those requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- MS or PhD degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in an engineering environment in Heavy industry, Aerospace, Automotive & Hi-Tech domain in areas like Structural nonlinearity, Fracture, Fatigue, Impact/Crash with strong hands-on experience with Implicit & explicit simulation tools. Strong fundamentals in Structural Mechanics, Finite Element Analysis, Non-Linear Materials & Dynamics.
- Expertise in cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform, alongside relevant certifications.
- Experience in containerization tools like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Must have passion and drive for personal technical excellence and high performance.
- Must have customer service aptitude and maintain customer focus.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.