Website Agile Analog
The primary focus of this role will be to lead our team of highly skilled and proficient Analog circuit designers. This is a technical management role in which we expect your time to be split equally between your own design responsibilities and managing a team of around 8 analog design engineers.
You will be joining a highly experienced, engineering organisation and will need to be a solid team player with a practical understanding of the IC design flow as well as having proven experience of taking designs from concept to mass production. This role would suit someone who has good interpersonal skills, solid management experience and a desire to mentor and small to medium design team and a structured and logical approach to the analog design process .
What you will be doing
- Leading the analog design team in the development of analog IP and analog IP components to meet the requirements of many customers
- Mentoring of junior engineers, both technically and pastorally
- Planning, scheduling, and monitoring design progress in conjunction with the Project Management Office
- Technical customer support
- Technical oversight and guidance as a recognised analog design expert.
- Specification, design and verification of analog circuits
- Investigation and analysis of analog circuit architectures
- Behavioural modelling of circuits and circuit architectures
- Analysis of the layout implementation of analog circuits and support of layout generation, either directly or indirectly via a layout engineer
- Peer review of analog circuit designs
- Support of silicon level validation and debugging
- Support and practice top-down design planning and implementation
What we need from you:
- Good management experience and skills coupled with a desire to keep close to the engineering efforts of the team
- A systematic, mathematical approach to circuit design
- A desire to drive a rigorous, accountable and high quality analog design process
- BS/MSEE in a relevant field or equivalent industry experience
- Proven experience at all stages of the circuit design process from feasibility and initial specification, through design capture and simulations through to layout implementation and silicon validation.
- Experience of managing external customers
- Experience in design of two or more of the following areas
- Experience in behavioural circuit modelling
- Self-motivated, “can-do” work ethic
- Good communication skills in English
- Data Converters
- ADC and/or DAC, for Sigma Delta or Nyquist Rate from Audio to GS/s
- Power Management
- LDOs and/or SMPS
- Clock Generation
- PLL, VCO, XTAL
- Clock and Data Recovery Circuits.
- Analog Sensor Interfaces
- Low Noise
Even better if you have:
- Management experience in a mix-skill design team – e.g. analog, digital and software skills.
- Analog System design experience – e.g. Power management or Customer Applications System
- Knowledge of analog design techniques in FinFet technologies
- Knowledge and ESD and latch-up mechanisms and implementation of protective structures
- Packaging knowledge (CSP, BGA, etc.)
- Programming experience: Python, C, linux, verilogA, verilogAMS, system verilog, C Matlab,
- Knowledge of analog process & design flows (CAD/PDK)
- Knowledge of Cadence and Mentor design tools and environments
As well as the opportunity to really play a pivotal part in our success, we offer:
- A friendly, supportive and inclusive working environment
- Flexible work hours to fit around your personal commitments
- We consider individual requirements to work remotely with home set up assistance provided
- Professional development and professional society membership
- Company share options
- 25 days’ annual leave with the option to purchase additional days
- Company pension scheme (with a salary sacrifice option)
- Private health insurance (including optical and dental cover)
- Life Assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme – free wellbeing and health services
If the above role matches your experience, skills and motivations then we would love to hear from you.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit apply.workable.com.