Website Keysight EDA
Keysight is on the forefront of technology innovation, delivering breakthroughs and trusted insights in electronic design, simulation, prototyping, test, manufacturing, and optimization. Our ~15,000 employees create world-class solutions in communications, 5G, automotive, energy, quantum, aerospace, defense, and semiconductor markets for customers in over 100 countries. Learn more about what we do.
Our powerful, award-winning culture embraces a bold vision of where technology can take us and a passion for tackling challenging problems with industry-first solutions. Diversity, equity & inclusion are integral parts of our culture and drivers of innovation at Keysight. We believe that when people feel a sense of belonging, they can be more creative, innovative, and thrive at all points in their careers.
This job will be part of Keysight Labs, which helps Keysight be first to market, focusing on top opportunities and market trends that address unmet needs. Keysight Laboratories is focusing on the development of state-of-the-art analog and mixed-signal application specific integrated circuits (ASICs), and monolithic millimeter-wave integrated circuits (MMICs) and subsystems that provide Keysight’s test and measurement products with a competitive advantage in performance and cost.
As an Analog and Mixed-Signal (BiCMOS) ASIC / MMIC Design Engineer at Keysight Technologies, you will apply your IC design knowledge and experience to design Analog and Mixed-Signal ASICs and MMICs that enable Keysight’s next generation of measurement/test equipment. To identify what ICs are needed in current and future Keysight instruments you will be involved in system-level analysis to identify the needed IC performance with respect to the overall system requirements.
Ideally this role will be based in Colorado Springs, CO, where the majority of team is located. But we will consider the Santa Rosa, or Santa Clara, CA locations, where we have other team members.
• Education: BS, MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, with thesis work (PhD or MS) on mixed-signal IC design preferred
• 2+ years of substantial experience in high-speed analog and/or mixed-signal ASIC and/or MMIC design using advanced semiconductor processes
• Will consider new PhD/MS graduates with specific course work and training in analog and/or mixed-signal ASIC and/or MMIC design using advanced semiconductor processes
• Strong background in analog and RF circuit design, and bipolar transistor design
• Strong understanding of fundamentals in microwave engineering
• Strong understanding of signal integrity and EM issues
• Solid understanding of the underlying devices and their parasitics, enabling creative design to push circuit limits
• Working knowledge of various circuit topologies including amplifier, mixer, and filter circuits
• Knowledge of efficient techniques for design, simulation, and layout of integrated circuits
• Experience with schematic capture, simulation and layout tools
• Experience in using the following tools is a plus: ADS, Momentum, EMPro, SystemVue, Cadence
• Experience in system level analysis
• Experience in PCB (board-level) design is a plus
• Experience with device modelling, thermal design, and IC package design are a plus
• Ability to perform hands-on measurements using state-of-the-art test and measurement equipment and techniques
• Ability to troubleshoot, “dig deep”, and drive to root cause on difficult problems
• Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and communication skills to work in dynamic environment as part of multiple teams working on multiple projects
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and experience in a design team, including the ability to communicate well, and collaborate cross-functionally with a team-oriented mindset
• Must be highly self-motivated to accomplish all the tasks required to meet aggressive product development schedules and world class manufacturing expectations
• Demonstrated ability to document and effectively present results
This position requires access to certain goods, software, technology, or technical data subject to U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these laws and regulations, U.S. persons (which includes U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, lawful permanent residents, refugees, and asylees) working for Keysight can access export-controlled items without authorization from the U.S. government. For any individual who is not a U.S. person, Keysight may need authorization from the U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Commerce, or other appropriate federal agency before the individual can access export-controlled items. Employment in this position for non-U.S. persons is contingent on Keysight’s ability to obtain any required government authorizations.
Careers Privacy Statement
***Keysight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.***
Keysight Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
The level of role will be based on applicable experience, education and skills; Most offers will be between the minimum and the midpoint of the Salary Range listed below.
Colorado pay range: MIN $110,740.00 – MAX $184,570.00