Quadric has created an innovative general purpose neural processing unit (GPNPU) architecture. Quadric’s co-optimized software and hardware is targeted to run neural network (NN) inference workloads in a wide variety of edge and endpoint devices, ranging from battery operated smart-sensor systems to high-performance automotive or autonomous vehicle systems. Unlike other NPUs or neural network accelerators in the industry today that can only accelerate a portion of a machine learning graph, the Quadric GPNPU executes both NN graph code and conventional C++ DSP and control code.
The Field Application Engineer (FAE) will work closely with Business Development, Product, and Engineering to provide pre-and post-sales technical customer support. This position requires excellent customer communication and troubleshooting skills to conduct remote and on-site training and product presentations. This position is a technical position that will require additional skills such as system debugging, coding, scripting. Candidates are expected to work independently and acquire expert-level skills with the in-house built product line including HPC Hardware (IP, Chips, Boards), SDK, Algorithms (NN, DSP, Vision, Path Planning, etc.).
- Work with Business Development to sell the technology from quadric.io
- Work with customers to install SDK and algorithms and analyze customer systems to determine the best HW/SW solutions for their system.
- Analyze technological problems brought in by customers and communicate with engineering for the best solution..
- Work with business development to prepare technical proposals and statements of work, working with the customer to gather requirements.
- Set up regular technical discussions with customers to help them understand quadric deliverables and resolving customer issues with engineering support as well as conduct regular follow-up and monitoring.
- Deliver periodic training sessions
- Coordinate with the Sales and Engineering team in designing proper application systems and formulating the product specifications according to the customer’s needs.
- Interface with product marketing and engineering
- Conduct project feasibility studies
- Some travel required
- Bachelors in Computer Science and/or Electronics Engineering field
- Minimum 4 years’ previous experience in related field
- Experience with NN, DSP, Video and other algorithms
- Automotive experience ADAS/AV preferred.
- Knowledge of sensor environments, Video, Radar or Lidar strongly preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate basic knowledge of software perception systems, Lidar preferred, but Computer Vision is also accepted
- Experience with computer languages. Python required, C++ preferred.
- Experience with computer networking, router configuration, IP masking, etc
- Experience with Linux command line, Git, spreadsheets, Jira, and Confluence
- Ability to methodically debug problems, relay information to the engineering team, and test and deploy system updates and upgrades
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit apply.workable.com.