Accounting Co-op is responsible for processing invoices to achieve a goal of processing vendor payments on a timely and accurate basis.
- Select invoices for payment and enter into Accounting system using Pre-Established guidelines.
- Match vendor invoices to packing lists and purchase orders.
- Assign proper general ledger account numbers.
- Verify purchasing authorities, quantities received, unit price, and extensions of vendor invoices.
- Process Sales and use of tax payments.
- Perform month end closing ensuring that all raw material receipts and any miscellaneous receipts are recorded in the Accounts Payable system or listed in the month end accrual list.
- Assist in separating those invoices selected for payment.
- Assist in filing of all closed payables.
- Prepare the sales tax spreadsheet.
- Process payments for corporate credit cards by making sure we have all credit card receipts and by assigning applicable general ledger account numbers.
- Figure all international invoices for wires and drafts.
- Code and process all freight bills.
* The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.*
- Proficient computer skills in Excel, Word, and Outlook a must.
- Must be detail oriented and concerned with timely handling of requests.
- Must be able to sit for more than 90 consecutive minutes (up to an 8-hour shift), and not suffer from any sensory deprivation and/or paralysis of the limbs.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Enrolled in an Accounting/Finance Bachelors Degree program. Sophomores are preferred.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.