Summary / Role Purpose
The Account Representative (m,f,d) serves as the primary contact between Ansys and customers in an assigned territory or set of named accounts or product/service line. The Account Representative is responsible for maintaining existing customer accounts while also working to create new. A successful Account Representative maximizes sales profitability, growth, and account penetration.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs sales activities, establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current and/or prospective customers to maintain renewal business and generate new business for an assigned geographic area, set of named accounts or product/service line to achieve or exceed revenue objectives.
- Sells products/services through telephone as well as face-to-face contact.
- Uncover customer’s pain points, negative consequences, and desired positive business outcomes to identify the best solution. Clearly present the value of company’s products/services through metrics and proof points while tying to the customer’s needs and differentiating from competition.
- Creates and maintains account plans for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- Research sources for developing prospective customers or expanding to new groups in existing customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, account team, sales management, accounting, legal and technical services groups.
- Provides accurate forecasts for new sales and renewal revenues.
- Participates in trade shows and conventions; schedules training and seminars to enhance new business opportunities.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Education & Years of Experience: Bachelor’s degree in technical, engineering, business or related field with 1+ years of experience of demonstrated success in technical sales positions OR 5+ years of experience demonstrated success in technical sales positions.
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering analysis and technology.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Travel: up to 50%
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Fluent in English and German
- Demonstrated knowledge of company’s products/services and pricing practices.
- Knowledge of the specific territory, product line, or customer(s).
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.