Reports To: Country Manager
Summary/Objective: The Account Development Specialist (ADS) will make introductions to customers, follow-up on critical early stages of sales development and stay up to date on new technology trends.
The role will be based in the office in Agrate Brianza (Monza); hybrid working may be an option. We can discuss hybrid working during the recruitment process.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Ability to track business using Salesforce, SGN, and other digital tools.
- Ability to identify products and trends in markets.
- Make introductions to customers and begin the account development process.
- Identify and grow emerging accounts.
- Establish and maintain organisational systems and customer follow-up throughout the life of the projects.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external customer base.
- Communicate daily with FSEs and sales channel partners for new or developing opportunities.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
Required Experience / Skills:
- Previous experience of working in Customer Service / Inside Sales environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of connector / electronic components is preferred.
- Knowledge of a CRM system (ideally Salesforce) is desired.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) are essential.
- Must be fluent in Italian and English.
- A track record of building and developing strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Exceptional follow-up skills and attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter with a high degree of motivation and can work independently as well as be part of a team.
- Customer visits and travel to other offices may be required from time to time.
- Knowledge of Samtec products would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Very good knowledge in all aspects of Microsoft Office.
- Must be flexible.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma in Electronics / Engineering; or equivalent related work experience within the industry is required.
- Language skills (Italian / English) required.
- On the job training as appropriate.
Questionnaires: KOLBE and DISC
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.