Date: Jun 18, 2020
Location: Cambridge, GB, CB1 7EG
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
Academic Development Manager, Materials and Engineering Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically beer products to their customers. By oﬀering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The Ansys Granta Academic Team develops, promotes and supports the use of GRANTA EduPack (previously named CES EduPack) and GRANTA Selector (previously CES Selector) software at over 1400 universities and colleges worldwide. We are looking for someone passionate about Materials, Engineering and Simulation to join our team.
This role oﬀers opportunities to work with leading academics; make a real diﬀerence to materials and engineering teaching; develop your business, technical, and soft skills; strengthen your personal network, and travel internationally. You will have an opportunity to learn in-depth GRANTA EduPack and Selector software, as well as other Ansys academic software packages, used at more than 5000 academic institutions.
See more: hps://www.youtube.com/user/GrantaDesign
Meet the Ansys Granta Academic Team: https://grantadesign.com/educaon/community/meettheteam/
• Business Development: develop and implement a plan to engage new and existing academic contacts in collaboration with Ansys Channel Partners and Ansys Academic Sales i.e. provide technical support to academic enquiries, present and network at conferences etc., organise meetings and training at educational institutions and online to support adoption and use of the GRANTA teaching and research products. Support Ansys Academic Sales and Ansys Channel Partners setting up new licenses and license renewals.
• Application Engineering: stay up to date with education and research trends, develop expertise in GRANTA products to support internal and external technical enquiries. Organise and deliver training workshops for academics on a variety of Materials and Engineering topics. Understand institutional educational curriculum and research in order to identify a potential ﬁt with GRANTA products. Deliver technical presentations, demonstrations and application examples.
• Product Specialist: contribute to the development of teaching resources, supporting the use of the software to teach/learn about engineering, materials, simulation and design topics. Build and maintain your subject matter expertise, establish networks of collaboration and generate goodwill, introductions, and business opportunities.
• Marketing Communication: develop a communication plan to promote GRANTA education products and services, help with the design and messaging of promotional material for online and oﬄine distribution. Attend relevant education working groups and events, reﬂecting on education trends to shape the future direction of our products.
• Be qualiﬁed to a PhD level in materials science or related science or engineering discipline.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to create and present technical information.
• Have an organised and self-motivated approach to work, with good time management skills.
• Strong commercial awareness with an interest in business development, and ideally some experience in this area. Proactivity and an ability to identify and develop opportunities
• Fluent spoken and written English, other languages are beneﬁcial
• Enjoy connecting people, networking and establishing strong professional relationships.
• Experience of CES EduPack or CES Selector software
• Exposure to simulation and ANSYS products
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.