Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/will-nvidia-and-amd-arm-chips-threaten-intel-x86-chips.19022/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Will NVidia and AMD ARM chips threaten Intel X86 chips?

It's not so much different than what they have now. What I think is most likely to happen is they will just rework x86 so it doesn't have any inherent weakness against ARM. Intel mentioned this several times before. And to directly answer your question. Yes they will threathen Intel but not cause it's ARM but cause Intel is just stagnating.

It's not so much different than what they have now. What I think is most likely to happen is they will just rework x86 so it doesn't have any inherent weakness against ARM. Intel mentioned this several times before. And to directly answer your question. Yes they will threathen Intel but not cause it's ARM but cause Intel is just stagnating.

I hardly believe they can do it easier than to make a new ISA from scratch. We can only guess how many limitations Intel engineers have to bear on the backend, because of limitations on the indeed, really complicated frontend

Back